Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,816 Posts
These look like the early days Dejohn Pipes with the BOV on the Charge pipe.
Certainly looks like an LNF motor to me....
Can you post some photos of the turbo side? And maybe a pulled back photo from above of the engine bay?

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
6,377 Posts
yes it does

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Now I am really confused here.

What is the engine in this car?? What is the ECM in the car??
The engine is a 2.0 short block, the latest version. The top end is a year old I have spec valve springs and titanium keepers. The block also has neutral balance shafts and a new cam with a bigger fuel pump lobe for the larger fuel rail and the larger injectors. I have a AEM meth spray that starts spraying at 3 psi and is full spray at 19 psi. There is a lin loc set up too. Custom shifter and suspension work. I shift at 5700 with 23 psi. I have some special gaskets so the engine runs cooler and a spec clutch and flywheel and the spray is pure meth. we have programed the original 07 ECM. I have a spare however ECM however the key will not work.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Can you post some photos of the turbo side? And maybe a pulled back photo from above of the engine bay?
[/QUOT
yes it does
have you looked at the photos to see if you can help me out, I can build engines, trannys and rear ends however turbos and the computer tuning are a bit beyond my knowledge at this point. I'm trying to learn.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,816 Posts
have you looked at the photos to see if you can help me out, I can build engines, trannys and rear ends however turbos and the computer tuning are a bit beyond my knowledge at this point. I'm trying to learn.

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
Was there an image posted here? Not coming up on my end.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Was there an image posted here? Not coming up on my end.
[email protected] is my e-mail. If you email I can send you the photos, however I'm not able to get the photos from my phone to this site. Sorry

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
When you reply to a post there is a little paperclip icon above the text section.
Click on that,
Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Number

then (i believe) click on “photo library” then you should be able to attach a photo from your phone.
Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I hooked the turbo up the way
Now.... I am not sure why you have a BOV that is plumbed back anyhow. The EFR has one that is built into the turbo.

View attachment 122985

see the integrated BOV?? If you are running both of these things then you are going to have some bumping heads going on.

If you want to run the HKS you will need to take that BOV off the front of the turbo and replace it with one of these.

I am thinking that you still have the EFR BOV and it's connected to something.

If you want to sue the one in the turbo then the HKS needs to be removed and the openings in the intake and the charge pipe closed off. A vacuum line from the intake manifold needs to run to the EFR BOV.
I have a vacuum line from the manifold going directly to the HKS valve. Then I have the wastegate hooked to the nipple on the front of the turbo and I blocked off the plastic diaphram cover that is on the front of the turbo. I only get 8PSI max with this set up. Any idea what I should do next. I'm unable to post a photo so don't ask for one. After looking at the turbo drawing hook up, I'm going to try hooking from the waste gate to the solonoid and from solonoid to the front of the turbo.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I MUST have both the bypass valve solenoid and the boost solenoid connected and functioning otherwise the ECM is going to go into limp mode. You cannot go around those systems as they are what protect the engine. The ECM knows if they are are not functioning because of the MAP and TMAP sensors.

You need to get everything connected like it was when it was stock.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I MUST have both the bypass valve solenoid and the boost solenoid connected and functioning otherwise the ECM is going to go into limp mode. You cannot go around those systems as they are what protect the engine. The ECM knows if they are are not functioning because of the MAP and TMAP sensors.

last evening I put everything back the way the tunner had it hooked up,. the solenoid on the intake is not being used and the one on the turbo is being used and it has wires hooked up too. I disconnected the line from the BOV, the one inch recirculating hose that hooked into the cold air intake pipe just after the sensor. Just before that one inch recirculating line hooked into the Intake pipe it had a nipple attached and a hose from the turbo solenoid hooked into this nipple. I took it out for a run and all is well. The engine ran up to 24 PSI and no more limp mode.
I want to thank you folks for your patients and help.
Jonesy

·
Registered
Previously owned a 2007 Solstice. Base model, manual trans, limited slip, black on tan.
321 Posts
A big thank you to KG for his patience, attention to details, and tribal knowledge!

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
YAY!!! no more limp mode!!!

Gotta go through every single thing and see what is not right.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
seeing as how you do not have the bypass solenoid connected I am betting your tuner has turned off the DTC for this in the ECM. Not exactly what I would do because that solenoid is there to serve a specific function if timing the pressure release with the throttle plate movement. That being said it will function using just mechanical and no electronics involved. The ECM is able to bypass the pressure BEFORE the throttle plate closes where as mechanical does it AFTER the throttle plate closes.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts