Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Saturn using the same color blue on the Sky as the Solstice Deep (blue).

The reason why I'm asking is that I just saw these pics over at GM Insider News and that blue looks awesome! It might just be the quality of the pics, but I just wanted to see if this is the same blue. To all the lucky people who have seen the Deep in person, does this look the same to you?

Here's a couple of the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Looks like Deep to me. If not, very close. If the car is not in direct sunlight it almost looks black.

I've never seen the Sky in person, and those who have seen the Solstice know the pictures don't do it justice, so the same may go for the Sky. But I don't think the Sky is near as cool looking as the Solstice. It really "looks" like a GM brand change car. Nothing new or exciting about it at all compared to the Solstice.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Except I just noticed the Sky appears to have Xenon headlights? I have them on my Murano and they are way better than standard lights. 5 bucks says those become an option on the Solstice in years to come.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bonzo said:
Except I just noticed the Sky appears to have Xenon headlights? I have them on my Murano and they are way better than standard lights. 5 bucks says those become an option on the Solstice in years to come.
nope the sky doesnt have xenon lights, sorry :( I wish it did!! those are projector halogens instead.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
enderokc said:
Actually I think they do have a light blue color available, but I think its more of a slate blue though
You're right! In fact they have 9 colors listed for the car. The two colors that don't match the Solstice are 'Sunburst Yellow' and 'Bluestone'. Steel blue is my dream color for the Solstice! Please Pontiac please add this color for the Solstice! :willy:

I remember fro mthe GM Podcast that he mentioned some addidtional colors soon. I'm guessing these could be the additional colors. I get my blue and everyone gets their yellow. :grouphug:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
Wow, that bluestone is nice, as is the deep.

The only problem I have with the Sky is the dash. It's not bad, it's just the Solstice's is so much better.
Funny you should say that, because even hough I like the design of the Solstice better than the Sky, it's the dash of the Sky that would keep me from buying it (the Sky, that is).

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AztekzRpurty said:
LOL, funny!

Some guys like Ginger, some like Mary Ann!

Mary Ann... :)

I'm not too hot on the Sky in general. The only design features I really like are the hood scoops. I think they look neat. The interior looks like an old Miata to me. Not that that is a bad thing, but the Solstice is the one that gets my attention. Like he said, some guys like...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
stang said:
Mary Ann... :)

I'm not too hot on the Sky in general. The only design features I really like are the hood scoops. I think they look neat. The interior looks like an old Miata to me. Not that that is a bad thing, but the Solstice is the one that gets my attention. Like he said, some guys like...
Hey, Mary Ann here, too! Let's face it, the Solstice is a nearly perfect design.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
perfection...

Editguy said:
Hey, Mary Ann here, too! Let's face it, the Solstice is a nearly perfect design.
Mary Ann, for sure. (Also Betty rather than Veronica!)

Solstice over Sky in my opinion. If the Solstice did not exist, but the Sky did, I really think I'd be looking much harder at the MX-5. Your opinions may vary. ;)

--Chemist

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Chemist said:

Solstice over Sky in my opinion. If the Solstice did not exist, but the Sky did, I really think I'd be looking much harder at the MX-5. Your opinions may vary. ;)

--Chemist
I've thought about this, but if the Sosltice didn't exist, I think I would be looking at the Sky much differently than I do now, and that I would probably be on the Sky bandwagon. But since the Sol does exist...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh Betty! Sweet and lovely Betty!

Chemist said:

--Chemist
How Archie could ever hesitate chosing Betty over Veronica was one of those complete teen years mysteries to me. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw car in OKC. It is much bigger than I thought. The Sky was awesome--I still like the Sol better (just my taste). The sales manager said the third brake light would be the dual exhaust outlet on the turbo. That will look good. Most interesting info was that he expected 10 cars before year end. 5 in Nov and 5 in Dec. Said info came from area rep. Sounds a little like salesman talk. If Sol and Sky are built on same line that looks kind of difficult in light of Sol orders.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
The Solstice is still my first choice. I like the classic lines much better than the "Batmobile" lines of the Sky. No offense to the Sky guys, it's just my humble opinion.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts