Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the squared look of the Sky automatic transmission surround better than the circle look on the Solstice; but it looks like to make a change there would mean swapping the entire Solstice dash out and putting in the entire Sky dash. Has anyone undertaken that project? Did a search on the forum, but I couldn't locate anything. Interested in how difficult it would be. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
It's been done. There was a thread somewhere.

It was all possible, but you have to go pretty deep into the dash (all the inner vent pipes etc.) VERY expensive to do with new parts, so best to have a donor Sky at a scrapyard before you start.

UPDATE: Found the thread! For pics see post #21. http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=4108.0

Don't forget though, that the Sky backlight colors are orange, not the red like the Sol has. So you'll probably want to keep original switches etc where possible.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like the squared look of the Sky automatic transmission surround better than the circle look on the Solstice; but it looks like to make a change there would mean swapping the entire Solstice dash out and putting in the entire Sky dash. Has anyone undertaken that project? Did a search on the forum, but I couldn't locate anything. Interested in how difficult it would be. Thanks in advance.
You've probably already considered this, and all that really matters is what YOU'd prefer, but: The Solstice's lines are pretty much round, inside and out. Replacing some of the roundness with a more square look might result in a less than hoped for result as far as uniformity/consistency (there's a better word, but it's escaping my feeble mind right now).

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
You will also want to have your soldering gun plugged in, and your wiring skills sharpened. Things like plug connectors for the dash dimmer switch, fog lights ect will have to be repositioned as the existing wiring harness has not got a lot of extra length for such a project. You could of course change the interior wiring harness it is only a mere $800 or so but keep in mind these cars have several different harness depending on options, and the price goes up accordingly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts