1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Is that a Renault badge on the front?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Well, we want more photos. Don't car tease, please. Looks like Norms new total body kit for the Sky roadster with the uni-wiper mod and Gadget's prototype hardtop, the production version. Of course it could be my eyes, mind or monitor. Have to admit it looks better than the average Sky. :D

Richard

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,345 Posts
Apparently it was produced in 2000?
If so looks like the Sky designers took some inspiration from it…

·
Registered
2009 , Solstice base 5 speed Red
125 Posts
Is this where KAPPAs got the argent windshield frame?. Sky , surely has some styling cues from this car. And a timing belt on the turbo version . Did GM use belts on US production engines ? I dont recall any., though I am aware of belt conversions for the SB chevy v8.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Apparently it was produced in 2000?
If so looks like the Sky designers took some inspiration from it…
The Sky derived a lot of its design from the Vauxhall Lightning concept which was released several years after the Vauxhall VX220/Opel Speedster was released. The designers of the Lightning concept based a lot of the design themes from the VX220.

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
922 Posts
Is this where KAPPAs got the argent windshield frame?. Sky , surely has some styling cues from this car. And a timing belt on the turbo version . Did GM use belts on US production engines ? I dont recall any., though I am aware of belt conversions for the SB chevy v8.
You clearly never had the 3.4 DOHC Chevy engine. Now is the time for you to get down on your knees and thank God.

·
Registered
2009 , Solstice base 5 speed Red
125 Posts
Nope never had that pleasure . Small and Big blocks , 229 and 262 v6, Inline sixes and a 153ci 4.. I do have experience with the Fiat 128 which blew a timing belt at highway speed . Bent every valve :( . Not a huge fan of belts even though my Goldwings use them .

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
922 Posts
Nope never had that pleasure . Small and Big blocks , 229 and 262 v6, Inline sixes and a 153ci 4.. I do have experience with the Fiat 128 which blew a timing belt at highway speed . Bent every valve :( . Not a huge fan of belts even though my Goldwings use them .
Gold Wings are the exception which proves the rule.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was the sculpting manager of the Show Car studio when we did the first Sky show car. I myself modeled the original windscreen
Cloud Automotive parking light Sky Car Automotive side-view mirror

in the computer and I never once saw a Renault sketch in my studio. I think they copied us!

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,345 Posts
Around what year was that happening?
Forgive my ignorance but when you say “Show Car studio” was that an independent entity or a part of GM?
Thanks for your input!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts