Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
Thanks Mike that's a great read, I will get me a copy when is out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Interesting that Lori Queen said she wanted the Sky to have a slightly softer suspension than the Solstice, thought the article states that the mule's was softer than the Miata and the S2000. Hopefully that means they stiffened up the Solstice for the production car.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Also "automatic transmission mounted in the rear" Is that like a 'Vettes? Could explain gas tank placement. So much for more trunk space!

"Saab, Buick and Opel all want Kappas" Buick??

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
waiting said:
Interesting that Lori Queen said she wanted the Sky to have a slightly softer suspension than the Solstice, thought the article states that the mule's was softer than the Miata and the S2000. Hopefully that means they stiffened up the Solstice for the production car.
Bob Lutz has been quoted as saying that the Solstice won't have a sport suspension package as competitors do because every Sol will come from the factory with the equivalent of a sport suspension package as standard. Aggressive tuning, big wheels, etc.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for scanning and posting the article.

What strikes me is their comments on driving the Sol test mules. After having plenty of time to really think about it, they still sound happy with how they drove. The only negative is they felt turn in wasn't quite as quick as the S2000 and Miata. However, considering those cars were handling mules and were no higher than 80% or so of what the finished car will be, that complaint may have been addressed.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Thanks for scanning and posting the article.

What strikes me is their comments on driving the Sol test mules. After having plenty of time to really think about it, they still sound happy with how they drove. The only negative is they felt turn in wasn't quite as quick as the S2000 and Miata. However, considering those cars were handling mules and were no higher than 80% or so of what the finished car will be, that complaint may have been addressed.
Bah! If the turn-in isn't crisp enough, that should be easily fixed by upgrading the bushings to polyurethane.

·
Registered
120 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Bah! If the turn-in isn't crisp enough, that should be easily fixed by upgrading the bushings to polyurethane.
As a dose of reality, the Sol probably won't be the best at everything. But even if turn-in isn't the crispest that humanity has ever created I'm sure it'll still be crisper than 98% of the vehicles out there.

I have faith that the Sol development team understands what this car should feel like and that they'll juggle the trade-offs well to give us a great-feeling car in the end.

·
5,600 Posts
:agree :party

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I want it to handle well out of the box without having to replace wheels, tires, bushings, or anything else! I do expect to be pleased with the end result too! :cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts