Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Nice. I'm not getting the audio coming through. Might be me, not sure.
 

·
Dragon Rider
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
mceb said:
Nice. I'm not getting the audio coming through. Might be me, not sure.
Not just you, mceb. No sound for me either. Well, finally saw Sky in motion. Beautiful machine, but I'll stick with the Solstice, prefer it's styling. Otherwise I'd probably have stayed company and bought an S2000 by now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Are those functional intakes on the hood? Reminiscent of Jaguar-type hood styling, but I still personally prefer the cleaner lines of the Solstice. Looks like that video was shot over the winter or early spring sometime.

And why arent there any vids of the Solstice out there? I did search the forum but I didnt see anything unless it's buried deep the the threads.
One would think GM might toss us that kind of bone. Pretty please...if you're listening?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
wow that is really nice. I was just looking at Opel's concept based on the Solstice- the VX Lightning. I wish they would release that here. But then again, I wouldnt know which to get, the lightning or the solstice.

- :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Yeah that is really nice. I am sorta boarder line if I want to keep waiting for Solstice of maybe go for the sky. The Sky's lines are start to grow on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Antenna

I have to bring this up again. Did you notice between both the Sky and Solstice videos that the Sky has no external antenna. I really believe this is a major styling cue for the Sky. The fixed antenna on the Solstice takes away from the line behind the passenger side area. Guess this is one of those things Mr. Lutz had to give in on to keep the price below $20K. Funny, how many first 1000 cars were ordered with the base package? Saturn marketing is making the items standard that most of us want on these cars. For me, the invisible antenna is a big plus on the Sky.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
pschaars951 said:
wow that is really nice. I was just looking at Opel's concept based on the Solstice- the VX Lightning. I wish they would release that here. But then again, I wouldnt know which to get, the lightning or the solstice.

- :willy:
The Saturn Sky is the VX Lightning. It's been slightly altered though for the final model, and has the normal 2.4L VVT ECOTEC powerplant.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Delnari said:
I have to bring this up again. Did you notice between both the Sky and Solstice videos that the Sky has no external antenna. I really believe this is a major styling cue for the Sky. The fixed antenna on the Solstice takes away from the line behind the passenger side area. Guess this is one of those things Mr. Lutz had to give in on to keep the price below $20K. Funny, how many first 1000 cars were ordered with the base package? Saturn marketing is making the items standard that most of us want on these cars. For me, the invisible antenna is a big plus on the Sky.
All of the pre-production Solstices lacked antenas and the antena connection point up until the pre-saleable cars started being made for the 2005 car shows. The Sky we've seen in images and in shows is more then likely a very early mock-up/model and is probably missing the antena/antena connection point as well since the cars were all way pre-nonsaleable I bet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
brentil said:
All of the pre-production Solstices lacked antenas and the antena connection point up until the pre-saleable cars started being made for the 2005 car shows. The Sky we've seen in images and in shows is more then likely a very early mock-up/model and is probably missing the antena/antena connection point as well since the cars were all way pre-nonsaleable I bet.

I thinks you may be wrong on this kind sir. Checkout some new photos on the www.skyroadster.com site of a Sky being showcased in Chicago. Saturn has started road testing a few pre-production cars much like Pontiac did on the Solstice last winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
I don't like it as much for some reason... It's almost like they tried TOO hard to make it cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I dont like the sky because it looks like it should be a high performance vehicle, when its not. The solstice looks like what i think of a roadster -simply a fun car to drive.

- :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
You know there is a really good reason why the front bra is out so early to order. With a big fat front end like that you will need to invest in the bug and tar remover :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top