Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been addressed before but I'm a forum newb and searching through all the threads is hard work. I'm American, I'm designed to be lazy! Anyway, for people looking at both roadsters, what do you think the pros and cons of each vehicle will be? Are you going to wait until both are on the market or go straight for the Solstice? Also, does anyone know what the price is going to be set for on the Saturn Sky? Is the Saturn name going to deter you from going for the Sky?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I think the Solstice tailors to a more mature crowd, the styling is very classy. The solstice, IMO looks more like an import designed for the younger crowd. Both are what seem to be essentially the same car. Some just like the Solstice better from what they know so they're going right to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's true. I love the Solstice but it seems like insurance has been higher with the Pontiac name over the Saturn name. Now it may change since this is Saturn's first car that is going to appeal more to impulse rather than sensibility.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't think the emblem the car is wearing will change the cost insurance on the car. Both are 2 seater convertibles and should be covered as such.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That isn't always true. The insurance on a BMW Z3 is less than a Honda 2000. Sure, entirely different cars but both 2 seater convertibles. Plus part of insurance is decided by theft rate. I'd be more tempted to steal a Pontiac over a Saturn:p

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Solstice and the sky, like I said, are basically the same car. The S2000 and the Z4 are two completely different cars. Different engines, suspensions, interiors and price. Theft rate has some affect on the insurance rates, but I doubt it will be much on these two cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the Sky looks like a a small SRT-10 Viper. Have two Vipers so it would be cool to get a sky and paint it up to look like a small Viper for one of my kids. I think the Sol is cool and it will be out sooner. So I guess I have to go with the Sol.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I got bit by the Solstice on one glance.Was going to buy a GTO but hit the future vehicle on Pontiac web up came the Solstice.Instant gotta have!!!
The Sky is all creased and malformed for my liking not smooth and flowing like the Solstice. :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like both, but I think the Solstice's style is more of the classic roadster look I'd prefer.

One of the things I like about the Solstice is the fewer options that are standard on the Sky. I won't pay for as many things that I wouldn't want, like power windows & locks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to all the sol fans but I would prefer the Sky myself. Don't know what it is, but there is just something about the sol that doesn't quite make me want to go buy one.

Also, our local pontiac dealer is terrible and I want nothing to do with them. :cuss:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SchwettyNuts said:
sky is not auto top like solstice, plus the base price is about $5000. Does that answer your question? :)
Sky has not announced a power top to my knowledge. Auto trans + most of the Sol options standard = Sky.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I posted this on a new thread before I saw this one....

:cool: I went to the Atlanta Journal International Car Show yesterday and saw both the Solstice and the Sky. They were displayed about 75 feet from each other, just out of direct sight. I found myself walking back and forth... comparing lines, stance, suspension, and just overall look. I am currently wait listed 2:44. However, I'm wondering if I should maybe wait longer and continue to compare. Overall, I think the sky has a little more muscle look while the solstice has a classy-euro look. I currently own a Mazda RX-8. This purchase is mainly for the wife....kids are almost out of the house and she wants to replace the minivan for her daily. I was wondering what others think, those that have seen both, up close and personal could maybe post their comments on the other thread.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
CarpeForem said:
I posted this on a new thread before I saw this one....

:cool: I went to the Atlanta Journal International Car Show yesterday and saw both the Solstice and the Sky. They were displayed about 75 feet from each other, just out of direct sight. I found myself walking back and forth... comparing lines, stance, suspension, and just over all look. I am currently wait listed 2:44. However, I'm wondering if should maybe wait longer and continue to compare. Overall, I think the sky has a little more muscle look while the solstice has a classy-euro look. I was wondering what others think, those that have seen both, up close and personal could maybe post their comments on my the other thread.
Hi Carpe, did you find our sister forum skyroadster.com ? If not check over there for a whole forum on Sky. It really comes down to personal preference (we've had tons of posts in January when the pictures of Sky first appeared). I think you have a good summary of the 2 with Solstice being more classic, timeless, & curvy while the Sky is described as more being more aggressive, muscular, angles etc. but it's all in the eye of the beholder.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts