Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, when I turn left and give the car any throttle I can feel a slight bump coming from the front of the car. I don't have to be turning extremely hard or giving the car much gas at all. Its not jarring or scary or anything severe but it is noticible. I haven't noticed any problems with handling at all but Im worried something may have worn out and needs to be replaced or something. I have a stock 07 gxp if that helps at all. Any ideas or insight as to what it may be is much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi csal,

I can see why this bump would have you curious. I apologize you are experiencing this with your Solstice. Have you reached out to your local GM dealership to have them take a peek? If you would like any assistance getting in contact with them please do not hesitate to send us a PM with your name, contact info, and vehicle information.

Take care,

Jonathan A. (Assisting)
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Have you checked the three bolts that attach the wheel bearing assembly? Those of us who autoX check them frequently, because they have been known to come loose, and hard driving increases that tendency. They should have 85lb-ft of torque, BTW; just remove the wheels and apply the correct torque. If they are tight, then something else may be getting loose.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Here is what Win is talking about. Here's a link to the old discussion: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/how-know-when-hub-bolts-loose-76994/ You don't have to remove the wheels to do it if you can get the car up high enough. Mine were all loose. I suggest taking a paint marker and making marks on each bolt and then checking those marks about every 10k to make sure they have not come loose again.

I think it's more your transmission or motor mounts. All cars will 'bump' or 'clunk' on a manual transmission after the mounts start to wear...it's common and usually nothing to be concerned with. There really is no way of curing the problem unless you replace them all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Hoefully I can get the car on jack stands this weekend and check those bolts. If it does turn out to be the motor mount or transmission mount and isn't anything to be concerned about that would be great but is there a way to verify that it is indeed a mount issue? I can deal with the bump I just want the piece of mind knowing that something isn't broken and it's not an accident waiting to happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts