Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy for those with Mysterious/Deep/Envious Sols and for production having started--yeah!-I've noticed a couple questions posed to GmLinedog and others about production of other colors and haven't really seen a reply. Does anyone have a clue as to Sly/ Cool production date? Will all M/D/E Sols be produced before any other colors are even started? Even the Detroit visitors couldn't seem to get this answered. My dealer knows less than zero unless I beg him to investigate. I had to tell him production had started and cars were shipped as of 8/3. Obviously I ordered Sly and am jonesing bad. Just give me a date and I'll go back to my cave and wait patiently. Sold my 2 Fiat Spiders and have an empty garage...

·
Registered
936 Posts
I can't promise but i do have a Sly car with a production date of 8/8/05.

·
Registered
36 Posts
:) We ordered Sly and it had a production date of July 27th

·
Registered
936 Posts
lupin said:
Sly - production week 8/15. Guessing delivery will be around 9/15 at this rate.
Mine has a date of 8/8 where is your info coming from and do you mean no Sly until that week?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dealer quoted 8/15 sometime back (just on mine). I'm just guessing a month delay between production and delivery based on the 7/18 production weeks not yet being received by anyone (except for the Idahoans). Hoping it picks up the pace now that the requisite press event is over.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In early July my TPW was listed as 7/25. This past Wednesday I spoke to my dealer and he said there was no current TPW posted for my Sol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ordered Pure. Talk about not getting any info....it was the only color missing at Detroit.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
dferkler said:
I ordered Pure. Talk about not getting any info....it was the only color missing at Detroit.
The funny thing about this is, if you look at our color poll, the green is the lowest color order, then comes white, so go figure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My sly had a production date of 8/1/05 - according to the dealer. The sly in Detroit looked lighter than expected - still great, though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Original TPW in July. Now listed as 8/8. Lori said they were doing colors in batches to keep from having any paint problems from incomplete cleaning of the painters that would mar the finish. Sounded like they were being extra careful. I dont mind that. But I sure hope the build Sly next week.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Solstick said:
Original TPW in July. Now listed as 8/8. Lori said they were doing colors in batches to keep from having any paint problems from incomplete cleaning of the painters that would mar the finish. Sounded like they were being extra careful. I dont mind that. But I sure hope the build Sly next week.
That is nice to see someone else has a Sly date of 8/8. Maybe we will get our cars the same day since we are both in Ohio.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I guess the M/D/E colors are now finished their first run on the line. If the dates mention above are good then expect to see Sly, Aggressive, and Cool to start off the line today. Don't hear much about Pure being on schedule yet and maybe do to the limited number ordered in the first 1000 they will the last ones off the line. Look at this way, maybe VIN 1000 will be a Pure.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am thinking around a month till we see our Sly's starting to show up. My dealer just got called and he has his first car on the way. It is Black vin #217. He has 2 Blacks on order and the rest are Sly. GM said the next Black will be behind the first shortly. I believe we are looking at a couple weeks on delivery. As soon as we hear they are coming off the line I guess we can figure 2 weeks till delivery? Anyone have some insight here.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
TerpFan said:
I guess the M/D/E colors are now finished their first run on the line. If the dates mention above are good then expect to see Sly, Aggressive, and Cool to start off the line today. Don't hear much about Pure being on schedule yet and maybe do to the limited number ordered in the first 1000 they will the last ones off the line. Look at this way, maybe VIN 1000 will be a Pure.
Let's hope you are right, but I do not see them mix Red(agressive) with Sly and Cool, what I forsee happening is agressive and pure been the last colors produce.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Wait untill the vins start comming in for them and I wont be able to contain myself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts