Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Im not quite sure what you mean by the "mounts," but I will say I painted what I thought would look full.
Just asking, when I took mine apart and painted them last year, I considered that there were two parts on each wheel and painted the Calipers and the Mounts different colors. Mounts=Black and the Calipers=Pontiac Emblem Red/Burgundy. I have seen them both ways.

Steve

:cool:

I hope this isn't too off topic, but how hard is it to jack up the car to do this project? I've never jacked up a car before and I hear stories about how easily the Sols can be damaged. We would borrow jack stands from a friend.

Thanks for the pics Spiky. Your car looks great. That's the color combo we're going with too, except I ordered brushed aluminum decals.

Thanks for the insight!!

I hope this isn't too off topic, but how hard is it to jack up the car to do this project? I've never jacked up a car before and I hear stories about how easily the Sols can be damaged. We would borrow jack stands from a friend.

Thanks for the pics Spiky. Your car looks great. That's the color combo we're going with too, except I ordered brushed aluminum decals.

Thanks for the insight!!
Not at all off topic, in my mind. Here's a good thread on this subject.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19139

I posted a couple of pics in post #40 of that thread.

For more threads, put "jacking points" into the Search box at the top of a page.

--Chemist

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I have a good friend in that field two hours north of here. Thanks for keeping them young 'uns fit and healthy! :yesnod:

--Chemist
Thats awesome man! I love to keep em running around and exercising!! LOL...so im pretty psyched about this Solo Performance center outlet exhaust that Ill be getting soon...supposedly it sounds so good! Have u heard it?

I spent all day yesterday painting the calipers with Folia-Tech "Red"...2 coats on each caliper. I used a small make-up brush with a rounded edge to get into the small areas. The caliper decals are from vinzdecals.com. I also added the red Pontiac center cap decals that i purchased on Ebay to accent the painted calipers. I am really happy with the outcome. Opinions?

Here is the link to the pictures: http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o280/spiky3480/2007 Pontiac Solstice/
Any chance you can post pics again? The link doesnt work. Thanks

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.