Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped in @ my dealer who now has 4 sols ordered. He still does not have an allocation. Man that sucks. I know of some larger dealerships who have already delivered as many as 6 vehicles. And mine does not even have a vehicle allocation yet.......Guess that is what I get for being loyal to him, but I owe the guy that. They are so frustrated there cause they are being passed over on allocations. GM can ya help the small dealers out? This guy has being selling cars for GM for at least 45 years, I know cause that is how long of a history my family has with this dealership. GM, give EDD Rogers some allocations.....

Does anybody else have comparable stories?

·
Registered
254 Posts
otalldon said:
Just stopped in @ my dealer who now has 4 sols ordered. He still does not have an allocation. Man that sucks. I know of some larger dealerships who have already delivered as many as 6 vehicles. And mine does not even have a vehicle allocation yet.......Guess that is what I get for being loyal to him, but I owe the guy that. They are so frustrated there cause they are being passed over on allocations. GM can ya help the small dealers out? This guy has being selling cars for GM for at least 45 years, I know cause that is how long of a history my family has with this dealership. GM, give EDD Rogers some allocations.....

I ordered mine back in April. I found out in mid-September that the dealer had no allocation in the first go-around. On October 31st the dealer informed me that my car had been built (code 3800, VIN 3919) and was ready to ship. Perhaps Pontiac finally realized that this allocation crap was just that... a bunch of crap, and are now building and shipping on a first-come-first-served basis, which is the way it should have been.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
RWSimmons said:
I ordered mine back in April. I found out in mid-September that the dealer had no allocation in the first go-around. On October 31st the dealer informed me that my car had been built (code 3800, VIN 3919) and was ready to ship. Perhaps Pontiac finally realized that this allocation crap was just that... a bunch of crap, and are now building and shipping on a first-come-first-served basis, which is the way it should have been.
Boy that would be great and fair to us loyal to our dealers. I could had went to nashville and would be on my way to getting my car faster, but I have to do business with the same one I always have. Hope you are right. I have read about so many bad dealers who are trying to take advantage of the buyer. Shame those dealers would not lose their allocation and those were given to the reputable dealerships.

(Small Dealer), if you know anything let us know.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So has anybody else experienced the same kind of problem as me? Or is this just an isolated case?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rally Chevrolet, Pontiac, Caddilac, Buick, GMC dealership in Palmdale California, treats people like crap. I once bought a '04 grand am and had it for 2 weeks when they called me to "bring back the rental car" I was preapproved when i left the lot. Not to mention my trade in vehicle had a dead battery and an extra 200 miles on it and they couldnt explain why.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thought I did the right thing by shopping around and asking the right questions etc. Many dealers just flat out lied to me and I left. Finally selected dealer the end of Aug. who had 2 allocations and said I should have it by the end of the year. Last week they said I will get picked up hopefully in the next allocation. I am sixth, not second as previously told. One of the dealers I sort of knew who had zero allocations just went 4000 on his first car that could have been mine. He got preferenced seven days after I went with a 'larger' dealer so I am in the exact opposite position as you. But I can only imagine that you are at least equally frustrated by the process. I saw the thread with people dropping out for different reasons. If I give up and go buy something else it will be because I hate being lied to and virtually every dealer has lied to me with only one exception. I can forgive ignorance but BS'ing me to get my money stinks. I have my name at every other dealer in the area in case someone else drops out but I am not holding my breath. Good Luck

·
Registered
481 Posts
hi here is one

yep the smaller dealers are being passed up big time. we went to chadron ne and seeing how their orders were not picked up we were allow to pick and change as we wanted it (sly, ebony cloth, abs, air ). 4 weeks later we were told well maybe next year or........... they were not going to get it :( . we went to rapid city in sd had to take one with the works. and no we don't know vin number or anything like that. we do know they got two and were lucky to do that it is aggressive ebony black all the options except onstar. when we were called it is possible it will be here at the end of month. :) so good luck with the smaller dealers as we were told that 2006 is gone not sure how true it is, but who knows.

otalldon said:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, it is amazing that such a large company as GM conducts business so nonchalant, without regard or communication or consideration to not only their customers but also their dealers as well. Amazing. If we handled our business as they do, no doubt we would be ran over as well by better planned competition who have consideration for their dealerships and customers than GM obviously has. Yes, nice car and all that, but it's going to take alot more work to make GM competitive in today's economy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts