Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a line on a Sol that has been accepted for production, but on the GM Workbench sheet under options it says, U2J Radio, XM not desired. Does that mean that it was ordered without a radio?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
Editguy said:
I got a line on a Sol that has been accepted for production, but on the GM Workbench sheet under options it says, U2J Radio, XM not desired. Does that mean that it was ordered without a radio?

All cars come with a standard radio/c d player.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
For some strange reason you have to choose the option NOT to have XM as an option. Go figure. :) But it will have the standard radio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andrew Jackson said:
All cars come with a standard radio/c d player.
That's what I thought, but when you read that it sounds like it's saying that it was requested without radio or XM. Otherwise, I don't see what the purpose of the code is. The salesperson doesn't seem to know and I want to know before I agree to take the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, thanks Sydney, that makes sense (Kinda ;) ). That means it has the basic radio, which isn't what I wanted but I may take it anyway.
This is my 1700th post!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
System automatically adds that to any order that dosen't include XM radio, which you would have to pick. Thats what those event code #2030s are all about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Editguy said:
Okay, thanks Sydney, that makes sense (Kinda ;) ). That means it has the basic radio, which isn't what I wanted but I may take it anyway.
This is my 1700th post!
Do you have the actual order listing? Just because it has the "Not XM" option doesn't necessarily mean it has the basic radio. I don't think having the NO XM option forces you to choose a specific radio (base or upgraded).

There are three radio choices, none of which require having or NOT having XM.

U1C-Radio, AM/FM, Stereo w seek/scan, CD (this is the basic radio, which I believe comes standard, i.e. included in the $19,995 price)

US8-Radio, AM/FM Stereo, sk/scn, CD, clk, ETR (better radio, with better equalizer, MP3 CD capability, still a single CD player, an extra $195, I think)

US9-Radio, AM/FM Stereo, sk/scn, ETR, MP3, RD (best radio, with better equalizer, MP3 CD capability, 6 CD changer, and requires selection of the Monsoon speakers, and extra $495 + $395 for the required Monsoon)

Have the dealer check to see which one of these is on there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
:agree: Maybe my answer should have been: at the very least it will have a standard radio. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dengel said:
Do you have the actual order listing? Just because it has the "Not XM" option doesn't necessarily mean it has the basic radio. I don't think having the NO XM option forces you to choose a specific radio (base or upgraded).

There are three radio choices, none of which require having or NOT having XM.

U1C-Radio, AM/FM, Stereo w seek/scan, CD (this is the basic radio, which I believe comes standard, i.e. included in the $19,995 price)

US8-Radio, AM/FM Stereo, sk/scn, CD, clk, ETR (better radio, with better equalizer, MP3 CD capability, still a single CD player, an extra $195, I think)

US9-Radio, AM/FM Stereo, sk/scn, ETR, MP3, RD (best radio, with better equalizer, MP3 CD capability, 6 CD changer, and requires selection of the Monsoon speakers, and extra $495 + $395 for the required Monsoon)

Have the dealer check to see which one of these is on there.
The reason I think it's the standard radio is that there is no radio listed under the options. It just has the U2J code. I've just gotta decide pretty quickly how much a radio means to me. The car is being sold at MSRP, and is at event code 3000. So I'm guessing I would get it before the end of the year if I take it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
I'd go for it edit. Actually I did go for it. I went from a second allocation to a first allocation and that one only has the basic sterio. If I ever really, really want more from it, they have some beautiful double DIN decks I can install myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Editguy - grab it up now,,,,,,I know how bad you want one,,,,,,and you promised me a ride, lol. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PhxSunCat said:
Editguy - grab it up now,,,,,,I know how bad you want one,,,,,,and you promised me a ride, lol. ;)
I did! :D
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top