1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, it appears this topic has been covered. See the message above for the link. Someone found a 12" antenna. Sweet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That short antenna will look great with my "Cool" Solstice. Also, thanks for the photos from Detroit. Some of us couldn't make it and certainly appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
We've found sites with 6 inch antennas before...

·
Registered
133 Posts
deepdawg said:
Definitely looks better. But I live in the mountains of Maryland .. one of those remote areas..so I may be forced to keep the stock. Or just play cd's.
Why not get the XM Radio option and remover the regular antenna altogether?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Breeze said:
Why not get the XM Radio option and remover the regular antenna altogether?
XM isn't available on the 1st 1000 and Stern is on Sirius not XM.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
dferkler said:
XM isn't available on the 1st 1000 and Stern is on Sirius not XM.
Wrong, XM was available on the 1st 1000, what was not available is OnStar. But I would not put that UGLY PIMPLE in the trunk of this beautiful car, as for the antenna that is an easy fix.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I personally believe that an antenna that matches the hight of the top up will look better than anything shorter or higher. That probably works out to 18 inches...

But a power antenna looks best, still.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Fortimir said:
I personally believe that an antenna that matches the hight of the top up will look better than anything shorter or higher. That probably works out to 18 inches...QUOTE]

I agree. The same height as the roof would be perfect. So let's not guess here. Anyone going to a future ride & drive, take a camera and a tape measure. That way we can all place our orders for antenna in advance and slap the new one on at the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Fortimir said:
But a power antenna looks best, still.
I have been thinking this exact same thing all along. Do they make kits to change from a fixed mast to a power rectractible one?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts