Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Mr. Aftershock,

any news if you guys will be seling smoked/charcoal tail lights for the solstice and sky?

very similar quality to the smoked/charcoal sidemarkers that you guys sell......will be nice

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Dear Mr. Aftershock,

any news if you guys will be seling smoked/charcoal tail lights for the solstice and sky?

very similar quality to the smoked/charcoal sidemarkers that you guys sell......will be nice
Huge liability for manufacturers. Same with illegally tinted windows. Lawyers look at these mods to sue you if your in a accident. The good news, is that the mod is quite easy to do. Pick up a spare set on ebay and use niteshades on them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have thought about clear lenses in the taillights. This is how I would do it. The law requires a rear and side visable red reflector. Pontiac placed the rear one at the reverse light hole. The side is in the tailight. If someone were to make a reflector on the shape of the front corners it could be placed at the rear wheel arch. Then the entire lens could be made clear and meet saftey regs.

The downside is that you would never be able to get DOT approval, and thus it would never be legal. But it would be cool.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Has anyone here had a professional tinter to tint their tail lights or headlights? I like how the tint looks on my fog lights, reverse lights, and side markers, but im just not skilled enough to do it on the tail lights/head lights.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Has anyone here had a professional tinter to tint their tail lights or headlights? I like how the tint looks on my fog lights, reverse lights, and side markers, but im just not skilled enough to do it on the tail lights/head lights.
Take them to a professional Paint Shop and have them spray tint the len's. Here in Phoenix it's about $225 for the rear tail lights and $300 for the Headlights (Less if you take the len's out your self).

A bit pricey but you can't argue with the results.

Martin

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm not skilled at this either, but with a hair drier, a few cocktails and a lot of patiece you can do it. It took me about 45 minutes on each headlight and tail light and turned out really good.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ship them to me I will paint them. I have had five cars so far and never had a problem... I don't do the headlights because IMO thy are not bright enough and the paint doesn't stick to the fronts very easy..

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Take them to a professional Paint Shop and have them spray tint the len's. Here in Phoenix it's about $225 for the rear tail lights and $300 for the Headlights (Less if you take the len's out your self).

A bit pricey but you can't argue with the results.

Martin

I wasnt talkin about spray tint. I want to be able to remove the tint in about 2 years :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Dear Mr. Aftershock,

hello...

Had inquired with my fabricator (the one that makes the clear side markers currently) a while back if he'd consider making the tail lamps in clear. He turned down the project and said that the molds would be oversized to what he's accustomed to doing and that it would be very expensive for a set at the end. He couldn't justify the effort and costs into getting involved with this project at the time but said to bug ask him later to reconsider. Unfortunately, that was before he decided to start scaling back on his business as he's no longer taking on anymore projects whatsoever.

I'm currently waiting for the CAD files for the tail and head lights as I have some ideas I may want to pursue for both lamps.

But to answer your question, self applied tint, overlay or spray, would be your best bet if you want to smoke your lights. Thanks for your inquiry.

rudy

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wasnt talkin about spray tint. I want to be able to remove the tint in about 2 years :)
Ohhh.. I am not a fan of film.... because it just looks like tint film..but to each his own:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts