Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I don't exactly live in a cocoon. I have many relatives and friends that I interact with on a daily/weekly basis. I can honestly say that out of all these people, I do not know a single one who actually smokes. Why does Pontiac even bother to include a "smoker's package" as an option. Who, in this day and age, still smokes? It's not the 1950's anymore! Hasn't it been confirmed that smoking causes about three thousand or so horrible physical ailments? I know that they still smoke over in France, but that's to be expected. Any country that didn't support us going to Iraq seems to have a few screws loose anyway. How many people in this forum smoke (if any)? Pontiac ought to include better paint choices amongst their options list rather than this archaic foolish option! Later!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Man - you can't get enough attention, can you? :willy:

Does it take a lot of time to be this irritating, or does is come naturally?

I basically agree with everything you said - and it still bothered me :lol:

My appologies to all of the forum members who would prefer not to feed his ego - I just couldn't resist.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered it, don't smoke never did but you get 1 extra outlet and a spiffy matching insert that you can put little things in (an ash tray). 30 bucks, for a plug.

and the french, for whateverelse they do screwy, were the only ones to stand up the rove/libby/rumsfeld emperor new clothes BS line, propaganda boy.. Or do you still belive the WMD bs and that god picked W.

·
Registered
928 Posts
MAKsys said:
I basically agree with everything you said - and it still bothered me

My appologies to all of the forum members who would prefer not to feed his ego - I just couldn't resist.
Exactly. CAL BEAR, can we sign you up for a BLog somewhere, maybe calbear.blogspot.com

You really just like to rant and rave.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If you want info regarding California, feel free to contact me. Not the CalCub Dude....... Hope to update the forum on Real Solstice Issues in California in the near future.......

Signed,

A Real Rep of what Cali life is all about!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Healthy Lungs Are Priceless!

Hey Maksis. Me annoying? Hardly. Anyway, I'm glad you agreed with what I had to say. I just don't want any of our "Solstice-Family" to eventually come down with a deadly disease......a totally avoidable disease at that! Later!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Nope the smoker's package doesn't get you an extra socket. It just gets you an ashtray insert for the cupholder and a cigarette lighter. Somewhere, I think it mentioned that you get a "cigarette lighter plug" which can be somewhat misleading since many people associate that with the socket. But the plug is what goes into the socket and has the heating element for lighting cigarettes. Without it, there is just a plastic plug or something. Seems like $40 is a bit pricey for two items that you could probably pick up in a dollar store, but that's the way it goes. The option for an extra electrical outlet would be great, but no such luck.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
MAKsys said:
Man - you can't get enough attention, can you? :willy:

Does it take a lot of time to be this irritating, or does is come naturally?

I basically agree with everything you said - and it still bothered me :lol:
:agree:

No offense CalBear, but everything you say seems to be designed to get under people's skin, even though it may be different groups of people with every post. I don't smoke, but I know a number of people who do. It's something they happen to enjoy and if that's the case, I say go for it. I have a number of habits myself that I'm sure will knock years off my life, such as a diet consisting mostly of red meat, junk food and soda. But I wouldn't have it any other way ... there's no point in living a longer life if I can't enjoy it to the fullest.

At any rate, you've reached new heights with this post ... you've managed to insult an element of the Solstice, smokers, and an entire country all in the same post. It doesn't bother me, but if you are indeed here out of an interest in the Solstice and not merely a troll, it would be nice to see posts with a little more substance and not just criticizing everything that comes to mind.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
SlySol said:
At any rate, you've reached new heights with this post ... you've managed to insult an element of the Solstice, smokers, and an entire country all in the same post. It doesn't bother me, but if you are indeed here out of an interest in the Solstice and not merely a troll, it would be nice to see posts with a little more substance and not just criticizing everything that comes to mind.
He insulted my momma!

:leaving: ...even though she doesn't smoke, drive a Solstice, or come from France.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SeaBayR said:
I ordered it, don't smoke never did but you get 1 extra outlet and a spiffy matching insert that you can put little things in (an ash tray). 30 bucks, for a plug.

and the french, for whateverelse they do screwy, were the only ones to stand up the rove/libby/rumsfeld emperor new clothes BS line, propaganda boy.. Or do you still belive the WMD bs and that god picked W.
I don't think you get an extra outlet - you get to replace the current outlet with one that accepts a cigarette lighter (higher temp and no cover).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dealer was clueless

My dealer couldn't tell me at the time of order whether I'd get a plug or not without ordering the package. Spent a few bucks to be safe rather than sorry. Maybe it will have historic value someday.

I'm #8 of 10 at my dealer. Any serious guesses about when I might see mine? I guess actual production thru-put is anyone's guess. May the first 1000 shake out all the bugs for the rest of us...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Solace - Plan on December :(

but hope for November :cryin:

I'm #9 of 12, so I'm in about the same boat.

·
Registered
288 Posts
CalBear said:
Hey Maksis. Me annoying? Hardly. Anyway, I'm glad you agreed with what I had to say. I just don't want any of our "Solstice-Family" to eventually come down with a deadly disease......a totally avoidable disease at that! Later!
Lung cancer doesn't only attack smokers.

·
Registered
511 Posts
CalBear said:
Ok, I don't exactly live in a cocoon. I have many relatives and friends that I interact with on a daily/weekly basis. I can honestly say that out of all these people, I do not know a single one who actually smokes. Why does Pontiac even bother to include a "smoker's package" as an option. Who, in this day and age, still smokes? It's not the 1950's anymore! Hasn't it been confirmed that smoking causes about three thousand or so horrible physical ailments? I know that they still smoke over in France, but that's to be expected. Any country that didn't support us going to Iraq seems to have a few screws loose anyway. How many people in this forum smoke (if any)? Pontiac ought to include better paint choices amongst their options list rather than this archaic foolish option! Later!
You smoke all day out there in Calf.
Your smog is Worse then smoking, and you live in it.24/7 ,smokers have an
option to smoke ,you don't.

·
Registered
229 Posts
CalBear said:
That is why it is an option, and not a standard accessory. duh.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.