Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As seen here, with the Saturn Curve also:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=18&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=506&page=1

I like both of these other concepts actually - but particularly the Nomad looks like it could fit a good niche. It seems like it got pretty good responses from the auto show crowd, but sounds like the latest word is it might not get approval? (Of course, they said that about the Solstice at first also).

If I was GM, I would try to keep the Nomad quiet, and then surprise with an announcement that it will go on sale just shortly after the Solstice!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
All of the car manufacturers are a little leary of retro type cars right now. After the Tbird flop they are once again realizing that strong initial public response does not necessarily mean strong long term sales.

The Nomad can probably reach beyond the retro market. Sport wagons are pretty hot. They are a nice alternative to the overgrown SUVs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rumor is that Saab may get a version of the Nomad, with contemporary Saab styling. Strange though, as it would be almost the same size as the coming 9-2X.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like this is going to happen. Very cool.

GM announced today that they have given a preliminary green light to Nomad production, most likely as a 2007 model. It will likely cost a bit more than the Solstice, and the platform is being stretched to accomodate the Nomad's 2+2 seating.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is good news. So, three confirmed (or almost confirmed) models for Kappa so far. What else might be in the works? A Buick Bengal like the old concept?

How about a Cadillac version, to fight the Z4 and the little M-B roadster...???

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Cadillac off this platform is an interesting idea - Maybe $32-38k for a Z4/Boxster-like vehicle with some XLR-type styling. Might not be a bad idea.

I do just hope they differentiate these vehicles enough. At least from the concepts, this looks to not be an issue. Hopefully it will stay that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts