Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Infiniti G37 Convertible. Silver. Has everything but the sport package. Love it. I can actually seat 4 people (provided two of them are small adults are kids. Top is automatic hard top.

My intention was initially to trade my solstice in for this. Then I decided I'd buy this and sell the solstice soon after.

And now? Well, the Infiniti is a great luxury convertible that's much more practical for taking on longer trips or with more than 2 people. The ride is smooth. The features are superb. It'll make a great daily driver.

But the solstice really is more fun to drive. It's lower to the ground. It's smaller. And I'm not entirely sure how much faster it is, but it FEELS faster. I do have the trifecta basic tune on my GXP, so I probably have around 290HP (compared to 330HP for the Infiniti). But the Infiniti is probably 1000 pounds heavier. And it's higher from the ground and it is so much more 'smooth'. So while it might be almost as fast (listed at 0-60 in 5.9 sec) the solstice just feels more powerful.

It's also a lot easier/more comfortable to get in and out of the Infiniti.

Looks? The Infiniti looks more luxurious. The paint job just looks deeper/more expensive. Both my infiniti & solstice are silver w/ black interiors, so comparisons are easy. The interior of the infiniti is so much more refined.

Yet, I cannot imagine selling my solstice!

I do not regret for a minute buying the Infiniti. I think it's the nicest convertible in its class easily. I compared to bmw, lexux, mercedes & volvo. Infiniti is a great ride. But I do have an even greater appreciation for my solstice now.

(I do reserve the right to change my mind in the future. Owning two convertibles is super impractical. And if one has to go, it will be the solstice, but for now I don't want to think practical.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I had my first kid at 21 then another at 24 and another at 33 so I've had the need for sedans, suv's forever. had to wait till 2 of them were driving before I could get a sports car and it was a nice reward. you do what you gotta do and if you end up selling it, you can always get another down the line.

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
The infiniti is a nice car but as a "hard top" with seating for 4, its not a true convertible and not a sports car either.

We have 4 cars and the Punisher edition F 150. Once they are paid for, cost of ownership is relatively low and enjoyment is very high. :thumbs:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Who says you can't own 2 convertibles? I have the Solstice and a 1983 Buick Riviera Conv. Neither one gets used for the family trips, that is why my wife has the 4 door 5 passenger family sedan.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I keep both, the infiniti would definitely be used for trips. It's large enough for that.

I think the infiniti is a true convertible. I have to agree it's not a true sports car though.
I was driving it this morning (top up, because it was cold). One of the nice things about it is even though (to me) it's a true convertible, I don't feel like i'm missing anything by not putting the top down. I think the solstice is a little claustrophobic with the top up, because the cabin is so small and visibility is lacking with the top up.

Right now, my budget is allowing me to keep both. I hope that doesn't change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts