Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was made an offer I can't refuse. I will be passing on my Solstice...with no set delivery date.

Instead, I will be taking delivery of a 2005 Boxster tomorrow. Yes quite a step up, but I'm not sure when I will again have the ability to own a car I've dreamt about for many years. Now is the time. My Solstice was just going to be methadone for my heroin addiction.

If anyone would like to work out a deal where I keep my name on the reservation and you get the car, I might be willing to do so. Otherwise I will release it to the dealer for his next in line and get my deposit back.

I will be one of those Porsches pulling up to check out your Solstice!!! Good luck to you all. You've kept me entertained with many hours of reading and dare I say "brotherhood."

Sincerely,

Steve in Utah
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Awesome car. I'm sure you won't be sorry. Well, maybe just right after oil changes... Other than that, rest assured you have a wonderful and smart looking car. Enjoy! and congratulations. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Porsche & Solstice......

I recently sold my Boxster. It was a great car for me! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Who knows, if the Solstice doesn't keep me interested for a long time, I'll get another Boxster next year. Enjoy your Porsche! It is the best of the best in my book. :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
I too have bought another car, but I am going to hang on for a while in the forum. If for nothing else but to see some long suffering members finally get their cars.

So enjoy the Boxster, great car and without having to wait for it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Steve, just remember we are interviewing for substitute resident troll. Rodeo's sub does not necessarily have to drive a Miata. you are not going to save a ton of money by giving up your membership here. Just time. Guess from your name (photog321) that you should be able to post some beautiful pics of your new ride. We appreciate all cars here.
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
Wow, we should just start another forum area for those on their way out ... ;) :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Wow, we should just start another forum area for those on their way out ... ;) :lol:
We've started our own club CAOS, Canadians Almost Owning Solstices, for the Canucks who have bought something else. So far we have a Boxster, and MZ3 and a 330Ci.
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
We've started our own club CAOS, Canadians Almost Owning Solstices, for the Canucks who have bought something else. So far we have a Boxster, and MZ3 and a 330Ci.
:thumbs: if you named it Canadians Hasseled Again Over Solstices ... then you would truly be in C.H.A.O.S. ;) :lol: However your name sounds better :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today's the day...

Picking up at lunch...

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm already having trouble not reading! This has been a source of entertainment for months! I'm sure I will be dropping in from time to time....haven't found anything better to rea dwhile playing online poker!!!

Cheers,


Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Me Too

I'm staying on the forum, but I recently bought an MR2 Spyder. LOVE it. Such a great, fun, reliable car.

I just can't leave the entertainment here though :)
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
GHM73 said:
I'm staying on the forum, but I recently bought an MR2 Spyder. LOVE it. Such a great, fun, reliable car.

I just can't leave the entertainment here though :)
:agree:

What year and did you get the sequential? I was looking at MR2 s last year, prior to hearing about the Sol/Sky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
2k

First year, 2K. 5 spd. They didn't offer SMG until 04 I think. Found a smokin deal on one with low miles in great condition that had never seen snow or a salty road. Black w/ black leather. NO mods. A clean slate :)

Can't beat that with a bat.

I still love the Sol, but I'm not dealing with BS just to get a car. I'll get one when the kinks are all worked out. For now, I've got a great little roadster.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Boxster is really nice car. Think it would be my choice for step up too although 350-Z might come into play too.

Enjoy :cool:
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
GHM73 said:
First year, 2K. 5 spd. They didn't offer SMG until 04 I think. Found a smokin deal on one with low miles in great condition that had never seen snow or a salty road. Black w/ black leather. NO mods. A clean slate :)

Can't beat that with a bat.

I still love the Sol, but I'm not dealing with BS just to get a car. I'll get one when the kinks are all worked out. For now, I've got a great little roadster.
Not a bad "Tween" car! :thumbs: and it gets great gas mileage.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top