Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hoping one of you more knowledgeable guys can help answer a few questions I have about my order. My sales rep seems to be clueless and I’m getting frustrated. I walked into my dealer on April 15 at about 5:00pm. My dealer amazingly had taken four other orders that day. (It is not a big dealership) Prior to going to this dealer, I had called two other dealers and found that none of them really had a handle on Solstice Early order program. So, I went in with my Early Order ID number and left a deposit and ordered up a car. One of the office people took my ID number and entered it into the computer. They said the actual order would have to wait until the next day as they close at 6:00pm.

I’ve called several times and the salesperson can’t seem to give me any info on my order. All he says is “your one of the allocated five.” He keeps saying that Pontiac hasn’t given them any info yet. Does this sound right? Shouldn’t I have a confirmed order or an order number at the very least?

On Friday, I called the Solstice number someone posted on this forum. The lady found my name and said I was not one of the first 1K. (no surprise there) She also said I was on the wait list. What put me on the wait list? The order itself or the Early Order ID number? She also said she had no info about orders and couldn’t tell me anything else.

What is the deal with the 5 allocated cars? Was that only for the first 1000? Or was that for the program that ran from April 15 – 24? Would my order fall under this first 5 or would it have to come from his normal allocation? Look forward to your help. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dozin said:
You should by now have a receipt for purchase as in any other sale. if you dont i would go get one.

I have the standard "Retail Purchase Order for Motor Vehicle" form, and a receipt for the deposit. I received that on April 15. Don't get me wrong, I believe the dealer is completely above board.

What I fear is that they misunderstood the original EOP 5 car maximum allocation as their allotment. This was also indicated by Crimson Avenger. (thanks for the detailed reply). I honestly believe the salesperson has no idea of the order process for the Solstice. He indicates this every time I speak with him. My post was to obtain enough info so that I accurately understand the program.

One of the things I don’t understand is that when I ordered a new Equinox, the salesperson placed the order with Chevy and gave me a computer printout from GM which showed the order and contained an order number. I did not get this from the Solstice. When I asked, “Do I have a confirmed order,” he told me, “you’re one of the allocated five.” That is all he can tell me. He keeps saying he has no other info, but as soon as he hears something, he will let me know.

On Monday, I’m going to have to ask what is his 4 month allocation. If it is less than 5, I’ll be waiting until next spring for my Solstice.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
achieftain said:
PubliusE, you need to bypass the salesperson and go directly to the new car sales manager at your dealership. Usually they are the only ones with the most knowledge of the programs
I did just that today. I called and asked to speak to the Sales Manager. I would have loved to go see him face to face, but my local dealer and my home town is an hour away from work. He told me he had five cars allocated. I questioned him and told him I was very concerned that the five allocated cars were part of the EOP. He said he didn’t think so but he would check with his regional GM guy and get back with me. He did say he had 6 orders and none of them were the first 1000. He also told me my car order had the highest priority for that dealership. When I asked what that meant, he said my order would be the first one to come in. He called me back before the end of that day and said his regional rep confirmed he had a four month allocation of five cars. The Manager again reiterated that my car would be the first of that five car allocation. So I am once again hopeful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts