·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
looks good

Reactions: Saveaux

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Attached with two sided tape. He did put one screw into each front fender on my car. He is a perfectionist when installing.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installation:

Remove two of the rear fender liner push rivets - replace with two bolts.

Two toggle anchors on the underside.

Remove two of the front fender liners push rivets, replace with bolts.

Double sided tape along the whole top edge.

He sent one screw that he suggested drilling into the front fender. I didn't do this because I have a set of his fenders that I need to get painted. No sense in drilling into my OEM fender.

I have a roll of black tint intended for lights (all of my rear lights are spray tinted except the third brake light that I just used this roll on) that I put on the lower rocker panel so you don't see theough the sideskirt mesh and see the silver paint.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Norm may be slow but you just can't beat his designs or craftsmanship. how do they attach to the car?
I may or may not have waited 10 months for these....Norm felt bad and sprayed them silver for free. I feel lucky to have some of his hand made art on my car!

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it a lot. Will it be a problem replacing the battery?
I hadn't even thought of that! Pulling up the double sided tape would be the worst of it.....

....looks like Ill be going through the wheel well method instead of fender method!

But shhhhh, as long as you don't talk about the battery it'll last forever (if it dies next week then it's all your fault!).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Brethren,
How is the ground clearance? I agree, Norm is a perfectionist. I have some of his handy work on my car,& believe you me, it is well worth the wait !

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Brethren,
How is the ground clearance? I agree, Norm is a perfectionist. I have some of his handy work on my car,& believe you me, it is well worth the wait !
The ground clearance is the same. Skirt just covers the rocker panel. Change battery the wheel well method, works best anyway!

Reactions: Sting Ya

·
Registered
2 Posts
On a jack stand and with the wheel removed, you can leave the front wheel well clips in place and bend it out of the way sufficiently to provide access to the battery. Very quick and easy. :cool:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
These are the one mod I really want - they look fantastic! ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I installed the Norm's side skirts with double sided tape this summer and after a few days, the skirts pulled away form the body. I cleaned everything with denatured alcohol and used 3M adhesive prep before installing. I saw a couple of cars in my area with the same problem.

I'm planning to either use flat head screw or small rivets and painting them body color. hopefully it won't be too noticeable. Pulling the 3M stuff off and cleaning everything is very difficult and labor intensive.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I installed the Norm's side skirts with double sided tape this summer and after a few days, the skirts pulled away form the body. I cleaned everything with denatured alcohol and used 3M adhesive prep before installing. I saw a couple of cars in my area with the same problem.

I'm planning to either use flat head screw or small rivets and painting them body color this spring. Hopefully it won't be too noticeable. Pulling the 3M stuff off and cleaning everything is very difficult and labor intensive.

·
Registered
586 Posts
nice!! something to help with the chipping infront of the rear wheel form the front tire rocks is always good, possiably the addtion of some small winglets that look right and help deflect some too. the oe muddflapers dont seem to do much at all.how is it with out them on the car?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I had Norm install my side skirts. He did end up putting a screw into the front fenders to hold it tight. He used a Norms logo to do it. I’m still not 100% with the looks of the 3m tape. My car is red so I bought some red 3m tape. I haven’t taken apart to install yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts