Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
My car is stored right now but I have this picture that you can see where the emblem/ screw is located.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
I took the car out for a ride and some pic's yesterday. I'm going to have to take the side skirts off and try reattaching them again. The double sided tape did not hold up at all and they are pulling away form the body. I'm also going to have to do something with the the vents cutouts on the side skirts. They are full of chips. I'm thinking of putting some vinyl on them.

Looking for suggestions:

1) the location of the Hot Wheels logo looks awkward. Should I move it? if so, where?
2) should I paint the mesh in the fenders and the side skirts silver to match the front grills

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,151 Posts
I took the car out for a ride and some pic's yesterday. I'm going to have to take the side skirts off and try reattaching them again. The double sided tape did not hold up at all and they are pulling away form the body. I'm also going to have to do something with the the vents cutouts on the side skirts. They are full of chips. I'm thinking of putting some vinyl on them.

Looking for suggestions:

1) the location of the Hot Wheels logo looks awkward. Should I move it? if so, where?
2) should I paint the mesh in the fenders and the side skirts silver to match the front grills
That area of the rocker panel is extremely prone to chips, especially with "soft" paint, so you are going to have to cover it, or be continually fixing chips.

Since you asked, I would re-move the Hot Wheels logo. I also prefer body-colored or black grilles.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Remove totally the hot wheels, paint the side skirt grills black. Use some good 3m tape to hold side skirts

Reactions: Sting Ya

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
I say yes to painting the side grills to match the silver front ones. As for Hot Wheels I would suggest below the grill in the centre. You have Norm’s GXP front splitter which looks amazing. I have it on my GXP and love it. If you have not, I strongly suggest you get it protected with a clear bra as it is a a magnet for stone chips.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Go to an auto paint supply store and get a roll of 3M Moulding and Trim Attachment Tape it comes in various widths . I used this stuff to reattach my rubber mouldings on my Buhog Estate Wagon and they never came off after that . As with anything prep is important wash the area with Dawn dishwashing soap this will remove any oils or wax then follow up with a wipe down with isopropyl alcohol and make sure you do it on a warm day over 60 degrees . If your going to leave the Hot Wheels emblem on I would center it below the fender vent as others have suggested and I would paint the grills black . Good Luck !

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
nice!! something to help with the chipping infront of the rear wheel form the front tire rocks is always good, possiably the addtion of some small winglets that look right and help deflect some too. the oe muddflapers dont seem to do much at all.how is it with out them on the car?
Something I did to alleviate the chipping in front of the rear wheel . I purchased a roll of black magnetic material ,the same thing they use on removable car signs and made a set of spats to fit in that area .I got the idea from looking at a picture of a Shelby Cobra and a few other sports cars .I used a bit of door and window caulk to make sure they would not come off in my blasts down the country roads near my house . My car has black accents so these fit and I guess you might be able to, paint these to match your car if that's the direction you want to go .

·
Registered
586 Posts
thats a good idea with the magnetic film material.,not sure how well my sliver paint will hold up on it bending to remove , As for the paint on his vents yes I would paint them silver 1 to match and 2, so you can see that they are as the silver will attract your eyes to them so you can notice it's all there.. I do like the front spliter on it. that should help with highway speeds handling some.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts