Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you noticed, I've been bidding on a few Solstices with no luck.

I was calling around to see if I could find one to drive home, no luck so far.

I contacted the dealer Susie bought hers from, very nice people, they will let me order one. I talked with the owner, very nice and trustworthy.

So, the first question of many to come:
If I order now, how long till I get it.
The dealer guessed Feb, but of course they suggested tehy really couldn't say.

P.S. I'm looking for a fully loaded (except XM and Onstar) Black on Black with Leather at MSRP. If anyone finds one I can drive home in the Southwest US, let me know, Reward Is Offered if Found!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
<shakes head in disappointment>

Sighs.....

Eventually they all fall. YOU CANNOT RESIST THE POWERS OF THE ORANGE SIDE!!!!

·
5,600 Posts
This from the TROLL who once posted he wouldn't get a Solstice unless it was at least $7,000 below MSRP. My, how times change when you find a beautiful car you are excited about. :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
anyone see me loing alot if I sold it in 6 months to a year if I pay msrp?

I can see I'm gonna need two threads here, one for Trolling, and one so I can get some answers.

Here's a response to DN:
What you may not know as you are a bit new here is I was originally the Outlandish Miata Forum Troll, later dubbed the Resident Troll, the leader of the Troll Army. As long as I own a MSM and it can beat a Sol in the curves and in the straight line, I will be the Resident Troll. The Sol for me is for when I feel like driving like a Grandma on Sunday :lol:

And to Jimbo:
You are correct sir, but when did I say that, before the demand proved itself, I said that back before they were even built. Sonce demand isholding strong, I could but the car at msrp, drive it for a while, and not loose a great deal of money, and that is the secret of a good deal. Just like I can sell my MSM for what I paid in January this year. I'm pretty good at understanding when something is a deal and when it's not. So, I have the means, and I'd like to put put in a sol for a while without losing 8K by taking it off the lot, that is the plan - anyone see me losing alot if I sold it in 6 months to a year if I pay msrp?

·
Registered
542 Posts
RODEO said:
As some of you noticed, I've been bidding on a few Solstices with no luck.

I was calling around to see if I could find one to drive home, no luck so far.

I contacted the dealer Susie bought hers from, very nice people, they will let me order one. I talked with the owner, very nice and trustworthy.

So, the first question of many to come:
If I order now, how long till I get it.
The dealer guessed Feb, but of course they suggested tehy really couldn't say.

P.S. I'm looking for a fully loaded (except XM and Onstar) Black on Black at MSRP. If anyone finds one I can drive home in the Southwest US, let me know, Reward Is Offered if Found!

I can get you a Blue (Mysterious?) one...if you're interested PM me.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wannasolstice2 said:
I can get you a Blue (Mysterious?) one...if you're interested PM me.
Thanks a bunch, but I'm sold on black on black. I won't do the colors I've seen that I didn't care for personally which is blue, light silver and red (red was a close one. I've yet to see white and dark grey, they would be contendors maybe. I'm not into green cars.

thanks again, keep them coming if you all could/would!

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I'd break out my questions from those long posts above:

Q1) If I order now, how long till I get it.
The dealer guessed Feb, but of course they suggested they really couldn't say.

Q2) I'd like to cruise in a sol for a while without losing 8K by taking it off the lot, that is the plan - anyone see me losing alot if I sold it in 6 months to a year if I pay msrp? Not that I plan to sell it right away, just in case.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
RODEO said:
I thought I'd break out my questions from those long posts above:

Q2) I'd like to cruise in a sol for a while without losing 8K by taking it off the lot, that is the plan - anyone see me losing alot if I sold it in 6 months to a year if I pay msrp? Not that I plan to sell it right away, just in case.

Q1..order now..my guess would be late spring....I go May deliver
Q2..think the car will be in high demand for the next 18 months...so dont think you would lose much off MSRP..but would be used....so that would have to be considered...would think 2-3 under MSRP....if the market hasnt cooled off....IMHO

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PAO said:
Q1..order now..my guess would be late spring....I go May deliver
Q2..think the car will be in high demand for the next 18 months...so dont think you would lose much off MSRP..but would be used....so that would have to be considered...would think 2-3 under MSRP....if the market hasnt cooled off....IMHO
Thanks PAO! Spring sounds good, I'd hate to think spring, and it comes in October :lol:

Keep those thougths coming.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
RODEO said:
Rodeo,
Below in blue is an exact copy of a post I made last week to someone. It's not a direct answer to your question, but it might help. By the way, Small Dealer said my answer below was on target, and since he knows best about these things, it should be fairly accurate.

Don't know a direct answer to your question, only what's going on at our dealer. Here's the current story.

He got 5 cars in the first 4 month allocation. We were 3rd on his list, then got moved to 2nd due to #2 guy dropping out. Car #1 was picked up and built before my wife's, but ours showed up at the dealer first, his first Solstice.

He found out that he is only getting 4 cars in his second allocation. That makes 9 total cars so far in 8 months worth of allocation. He has taken a total of 14 orders with $500 down. So he currently has 5 more orders than cars allocated.

The first 4 month allocation was for July, August, September & October. That would put the second allocation for November, December, January, & February.

If that's true, and future allocations stay around 4 to 5 cars, then that puts my dealer's last 5 orders (so far) in the third allocation not even getting picked up until March at the soonest. That mean's those people won't even potentially get their cars until April, May, June, or July.

I really hope I'm wrong in my calculations above, but with the start of the Sky production coming on next year, I don't see Solstice allocations increasing much in the near future. If anyone wants one and haven't ordered it yet, depending on your dealers status, they better hurry up, or at least call to get dealer status.

In other words, we should all feel lucky that we have cars in our hands or on the way. This is going to be a rare commodity for a while.

Hope this helps Rodeo.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Bonzo. So instead of Feb, more likely April, May, June, or July?

I'm not sure I followed the whole 4th 5th allocation thing, I do know the dealer I tlked with can order one this week, friday, they have two thaat are arriving very soon, and the only other one they had went to susie. Does that mean anything to you (or anyone) if I get her to order one this week???

·
Registered
75 Posts
A Maybe

I has a chance on a black on black here in Alabama if that's not to far away let me know and I'll P M you the info. It is loaded with everything but ONSTAR and smokers pkg., even had chrome wheels selling at MSRP for $25,400 (this includes $575.00 Destination Charge) Base $19420. + $5405.00 (total Options). He said the car would be here in mid to late December. I can send you the number to call if nobody has put a deposit on it since I last talked with them.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
RODEO said:

I'm not sure I followed the whole 4th 5th allocation thing, I do know the dealer I tlked with can order one this week, friday, they have two thaat are arriving very soon, and the only other one they had went to susie. Does that mean anything to you (or anyone) if I get her to order one this week???
all depends on what their allocation is..you need to ask...if you are in their second four month allocation referenced above...Nov-Feb....and how many cars they expect...ie...yes to the four month allocation..and we expect 4 cars.....if you are the fifth order...you will not see your car picked up for production until their third four month allocation (Mar-Jun)......which would mean...March time frame..and delivery sometime in the late mid/late summer time frame...if you are picked up in the Mar timeframe for production

comments anyone???

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
rodeo - Come on man I am not that new. I have been here as you have morphed from one person/icon to another. HAHA!!!!

I still loved the avatar of the hulk coming through the Sky.

Now...enough jabbing at the turned traitor.....

1. It all depends on what allocation you are in. If you are in the 1st allocation then you should be able to get your car by then. If you are in the dealerships 2nd allocation then you will be waiting longer than that.

2. Thus far, the value on this vehicle has held up EXTREMELY well. I would say this is probably one of the best cars if you could have if you were looking to trade in 6 months.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rivercityal said:
I has a chance on a black on black here in Alabama if that's not to far away let me know and I'll P M you the info. It is loaded with everything but ONSTAR and smokers pkg., even had chrome wheels selling at MSRP for $25,400 (this includes $575.00 Destination Charge) Base $19420. + $5405.00 (total Options). He said the car would be here in mid to late December. I can send you the number to call if nobody has put a deposit on it since I last talked with them.
Jeez, I hate to say that's too far, but jeez........

Problem is I'd have to ship it. If you don't mind, PM the info, thanks!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Dealers I have spoken to around here are fairly certain they would have a car ordered now around the April/May timeframe, which corresponds to what a number of other dealers are saying too. It may be a good estimate for a timeframe.

Good luck!

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fformula88 said:
Dealers I have spoken to around here are fairly certain they would have a car ordered now around the April/May timeframe, which corresponds to what a number of other dealers are saying too. It may be a good estimate for a timeframe.

Good luck!
Thanks Dealernut and Ff88!

Decisions - Decisions :willy:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
RODEO said:

If by "order" you mean actually "picked up" by GM (which according to Small Dealer, dealers can know with some advance warning) in your dealers second allocation, then I would guess ordered Saturday 11/26, picked up Tuesday 11/29, then give it a month later to be built (with the Holidays I'd say January) and a month later to be delivered (February).

That's just a guess, because my wife's car history was when production was still ramping up and got held up on the leak fix issue I think. A car you order today should go faster because they are making them faster, but then again they are taking so many orders it may take just as long.

If your dealer has an actual allocation to give you that fast, you are lucky! Like my post above says, at my dealer he's got more orders than current allocations. There, if you placed an order today you wouldn't see a car until next summer. So it makes a BIG difference which dealer you go to.

If by "order" you mean just get put into the GM pool, then good luck! But knowing which dealer allocation (1st or 2nd, I don't think they know about the 3rd yet) you are in and what dealer priority you are in at the dealership is key.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Bonzo, good info, now I can call and ask where they are at with all of this!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Rodeo, Why not wait until January and see what the announcement will be for the FI, if they do indeed announce it at the show.
If I were you try to get behind a the wheel of a new one and see if still the same impressions you had of the pre-production model you drove. If the answer is yes, then I would either wait for the FI or add a Turbo or supercharger to the one you buy, plus suspensions mods, otherwise you will not be as satisfied as you are with the MSM.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts