Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems my rear window has separated from the canvas at one spot and water is now getting in my car. I found this out the hard way while sitting in it using one of those brushless carwashes. That's when I discovered the true reason it's called the "waterfall". BTW, those carwashes put out a surprisingly large amount of water....:willy:

Anyone know how these are usually stuck together? Best repair method? Duct tape just doesn't fit the styling of a Solstice...:lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,421 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob! :thumbs:

I tried to do a search but came up empty-handed. Guess I just haven't gotten the hang of doing a forum search here...:willy:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
My tip of the day:

When doing a search on this forum, use the "Google Search" in the pull down under search options. It works much better.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
It seems my rear window has separated from the canvas at one spot and water is now getting in my car. I found this out the hard way while sitting in it using one of those brushless carwashes. That's when I discovered the true reason it's called the "waterfall". BTW, those carwashes put out a surprisingly large amount of water....:willy:

Anyone know how these are usually stuck together? Best repair method? Duct tape just doesn't fit the styling of a Solstice...:lol:
Which Sol is leaking the 06 or the 08? I see the TSB is about the 06's.

·
Super Moderator
16,421 Posts
Buzzard,
The leak has happened randomly with all years.

I use google search exclusively. The forum search is pretty much worthless.

I knew that the thread existed so it was just a matter of finding the proper key words to bring it up. I used rear window solstice forum and it was on the top of the list.

Tiki, you are not alone in being frustrated by the forum search function.

I am just glad that I got the reference in here before TS got here first

Remember, if they dont find you attractive, they should find you handy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=4zWZJZPpRfc&NR=1

·
Registered
551 Posts
Had the same thing happen to my '08 a couple of years ago. Took the dealer about an hour to fix.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Happened to me, i had a small opening until I glued it together with gorilla glue. No problems since.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
397 Posts
When you take any convertible into a car wash, turn the fan speed up - it helps keep pressure on the weather seals and keep water out.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is on my 06. (it's interesting to see which fairly common issue with our cars show up on which car...water pump - 08....rear windowb - 06....convertible top rubbing - 06....etc.)

Thanks everybody for the info, advice about my window and the search function...:thumbs:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well we learned a long time ago that we shouldn't be going thru these auto car washes anyways AND if I recall the owners manual doesn't recommend them either... (Page 318 in the Sky manual states: "High pressure car washes may cause water to enter your vehicle"), Also in some places they also use recycled water, :eek: same crap they use down here to water golf courses...

HOWEVER, it IS a good way for you to find leaks...:D
whether you have them or not..:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts