Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of driving out to new york from mass this weekend to see the solstice...you guys that have been there...it is still there and going to still be there the whole show?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes I assume it will be there the whole show. I'm going on Friday...can't wait to see it in person :cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it better still be there.......though if you go to the shows website, it doesn't have it listed under the gallery...but i am sure they just don't have all the cars listed....3.5 hour drive to see a car....wow i am obsessed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got back from NY Autoshow. I am 39 yrs old, so it was time for me to start dreaming about a mid-life roadster. I didn't even know about the Solstice. My dad was there with me and took me over to see the car. He asked me how much I thought it would cost. Granted the version I was looking at was probably a version that exceeded what the production version will be. But it looked fantastic and of high quality and was more classic looking than the Boxster. So I figured 40K or so. When he told me Pontiac was talking about putting them into production at 20K or so, I couldn't believe it. It reminded me of the mid 50s Corvette (with a touch of Shelby Cobra). Don't know what the ultimate build quality will be or what the performance specs will be or if Pontiac will really deliver on the 20K price target (or build enought to meet demand and prevent dealer gouging). But I am ready to buy. The pictures I have seen on line do not come close to doing justice to what the car looks like in person.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats cool....they almost have to be around 20,000 now since they are advertising that so much....it would be such a dissappointment to go much higher........they will make around 20,000 of the cars which means they wont be to hard to find since the top selling sports car was the nissan 350z which sold 30,000 so i doubt it will be hard to find them

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I feel they will hold the line on the 20K price..as mstorace said they've touted it a lot and would lose a lot of credibility. Of course over the coming years many higher end versions of the car will come out and price will rise but the base model will be there for those wanting basic roadster transportation.

glidernyc, as far as we know you saw the real production version, in fact it can only get better on fit & finish as the engineers work on final tweaks before it goes to production.

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah I agree....whats the point of making such a big deal about it being right around 20k base price then when u go to buy it ohhhh....now its 10k or MRSP....they know they will lose buyers in no time flat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I heard rumours of mid $35k in Canada...I will not pay that much for this car, no matter how cool it is. It's not worth it IMO. So I hope they stay under the $30k range or I will be very :(

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Enjoy it!
Two weeks ago, I went to the Auto Show in Houston mainly to see the Soltice. First stop was the Pontiac display. Was told the car wasn't here because it was getting for the New York Show. :banghead No one likes to be reminded they live in a Back Water Metropolis!

·
Registered
535 Posts
need-vert said:
I heard rumours of mid $35k in Canada...I will not pay that much for this car, no matter how cool it is. It's not worth it IMO. So I hope they stay under the $30k range or I will be very :(
I did a lot of car shopping not long ago and everything that was priced out at $20k US stickered at @ $28k Cdn. And that was with a $0.65 dollar. This should be a realistic price to expect, however whether that base sticker has the options you want or is a complete stripper is yet to be seen for either here or the US.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts