Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume this is because they are using the new Kappa architecture? Any other reasons for production delay? It seems like it normally does not take 2 years to go from finished production design to begin of production.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A showcar is quite a ways off from full production. We are only about 1 1/2 years away at this point. maybe sooner.

Hopefully they will use the time to get the quality high.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, but apparently the version they showed at the show was a finalized production design. It has been 2 years since the original concept....

I agree though on needing high quality - no Ford Focus launches please! - and is worth the wait. But since hearing they are building this, I want one! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Likely we are looking at about another year and a half most likely - production will likely start in late summer, with dealer deliveries starting in early fall. Expect GM to use the first production vehicles for early testers to employees to work out any final bugs/problems. Dealers will probably start taking pre-orders in the spring if everything holds to their current plans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts