Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all the stuff i got from the dealership, i am thinking i got one of the first 1000. they gave me an order detail with an order # and all. does that mean i got one??

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Maybe, maybe not...

If you have a print out that shows:
10-digit customer unique ID number: _____________ Status:
---some-random-letters & nums--- _______________ Pending

First name: __________ Last name: ______ Home phone number: ___ Date of birth:
Sam ________________ Gamge __________ 212-867-5309 _________ 02/21/1013
Then yes, you've got one of the 1st 1000, pending confirmation that you're not a GM insider and are in point of fact a real customer...

If all you have is an order sheet, then ask your dealer about your printout from http://solstice1000.com/DLR/....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you. i visited this site when it first got started. then decied to get the car about 2 months ago. just wish i could figure out if i got one of the first 1000

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
There's a few steps that needed to be followed...

First, let's just be clear:
  1. You did visit http://pontiac.com/apprentice and register for the EOP on Thursday 2005-04-14 in the evening, didn't you?
  2. You then printed out "Your official Solstice Early Order ID number", right?
  3. You then went to the dealer on Friday 2005-04-15 at 14:00 Eastern, and gave your dealer your print out, check?
  4. Your dealer logged into http://solstice1000.com with the early order program password that they were faxed, right?
  5. Your dealer kept at it (trying to login to solstice1000.com) and stayed at the terminal for about 40 minutes trying to get your code in and registered, didn't they?
  6. Your dealer got a "pending" status for your early order registration (as I discussed above), check?
If you answered "no" to any of these, then chances are pretty good that you are getting one of the first regular production vehicles, rather than one of the 1st 1000 exclusive retail vehicles.

Your dealer should be able to log in at http://solstice1000.com and check your status if you answered yes to all of the above questions. If that status says "pending", you're in, and you can expect that the dealer will get a verification call, and you'll get one within the next week or two.

Also, your dealer will need to associate the order they placed for you using "AutoBook" by entering the VOM number they received for your order on your EOP registration page. It's important that they do this last step before 2005-04-25 at 5PM Pacific.

Best of luck, and again, welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
First, let's just be clear:
  1. You did visit http://pontiac.com/apprentice and register for the EOP on Thursday 2005-04-14 in the evening, didn't you?
  2. You then printed out "Your official Solstice Early Order ID number", right?
  3. You then went to the dealer on Friday 2005-04-15 at 14:00 Eastern, and gave your dealer your print out, check?
  4. Your dealer logged into http://solstice1000.com with the early order program password that they were faxed, right?
  5. Your dealer kept at it (trying to login to solstice1000.com) and stayed at the terminal for about 40 minutes trying to get your code in and registered, didn't they?
  6. Your dealer got a "pending" status for your early order registration (as I discussed above), check?
If you answered "no" to any of these, then chances are pretty good that you are getting one of the first regular production vehicles, rather than one of the 1st 1000 exclusive retail vehicles.

Your dealer should be able to log in at http://solstice1000.com and check your status if you answered yes to all of the above questions. If that status says "pending", you're in, and you can expect that the dealer will get a verification call, and you'll get one within the next week or two.

Also, your dealer will need to associate the order they placed for you using "AutoBook" by entering the VOM number they received for your order on your EOP registration page. It's important that they do this last step before 2005-04-25 at 5PM Pacific.

Best of luck, and again, welcome to the forum.
C.A. - would you do us a favor and start a new thread with this info? One of us will stick it to the top of the sub-forum.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sly1 said:
all the stuff i got from the dealership, i am thinking i got one of the first 1000. they gave me an order detail with an order # and all. does that mean i got one??

As long as the status says pending and not wait listed or something like that
you should be in for one of the 1000.

Hope you were lucky like me. My dealer was not sure at fist but did confirm it for me.

Later!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, my dealer ordered 2 for me. one says pending and the other says accepeted. so i take it i got one???

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Something's rotten in Denmark!

Sly1 said:
OK, my dealer ordered 2 for me. One says pending and the other says accepted. So, I take it I got one???
Watch out! This seems pretty odd.... :eek:

Critical question: "Did create two 'Unique Early Order ID Numbers' by registering yourself and your wife on pontiac.com/apprentice?" :confused:

If you did, AND you gave both sheets with the ID numbers on them to the dealer, then fine, looks like you got one, and you've been moved from the wait list onto the 1st 1000 list for the second. If so, then you have to decide if you want to spend between 40 and 50 thousand for a pair of Solstices....

However, I'm a bit more skeptical. :skep: I would ask the dealer to show you the screen that they display from http://solstice1000.com with your name, phone, and Date of Birth on it.

If it really is true, and you only want one of the two Solstices, have the dealer cancel the second registration and you'll make a lot of very excited folks on the waiting list extremely happy.

I'm willing to bet that if you did cancel one of them, and posted here that you did, you'd be hailed as a hero! :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one of them was ordered through the eop and the other was just a standard order. they said they were trying to make sure that i got one asap. i will have more details when i go to the dealership on friday.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I am getting more confused the more I read. I am on the wait list--big deal--and have a order in VOM that says sold. Do I need to also place another order with the dealer. I was #1 but did not get their EOP car that got through the computer. My time is 2:49 so I know I have little chance of getting a call. What do I do????

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I bid you glad tidings

Sly1 said:
one of them was ordered through the eop and the other was just a standard order. they said they were trying to make sure that i got one asap. i will have more details when i go to the dealership on friday.
I wish you the best of luck. If you see that "Pending" status from solstice1000.com, then you're in! :thumbs:

Be sure to get them to enter your VOM number at solstice1000.com. Don't leave the dealership until you see the verification screen.

Then, rest easy for the weekend and listen for the phone starting Monday 2005-04-25.:cool:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You only need one VOM

Zavean said:
I am getting more confused the more I read. I am on the wait list--big deal--and have a order in VOM that says sold. Do I need to also place another order with the dealer. I was #1 but did not get their EOP car that got through the computer. My time is 2:49 so I know I have little chance of getting a call. What do I do????
Actually, your one VOM is all you need. You can have that VOM associated with your wait list entry.

If your wait list entry is moved up to the 1st 1000 list, then you'll get what you put on your VOM order. If not, then your VOM will be used by GM to produce one of your dealer's regular allocation units.

I will reserve further comment and hope that someone else who has watched a dealer associate a VOM with a wait list order speak from this point. I've only seen an association for a "Pending" status EOP entry.

How about it? Anyone out there seen the association process for wait list EOPs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts