Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,403 Posts
I went to O'Reilly Auto Parts and they told me to use the 303 Protectant Interior and Exterior Ultimate UV Protection, however the bottle says not to use on fabrics. Is this the wrong product? Thanks.
Sounds like the wrong stuff. They make one for canvas tops, that's the one you want.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
I'm with John and Dave on this one whatever they sold you is not what you want to use . I know here in Ohio O'reilly's sells 303 products but nothing for top care because they say there is not enough demand for it . My friend uses it and goes on line to purchase his stuff . The same goes for RaggTopp I've called around to auto parts stores and no one carries it so I purchase mine on line from an Ebay dealer the kit which I mentioned above goes for $35.00

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,403 Posts
Ace Hardware Stores can get it from their central warehouse, but it is not stocked in the stores. Most of their stores get a weekly delivery from Ace warehouse.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I'm "seconding" John's input above. 303 FABRIC protectant is what you want.

I'm having a local canvas shop that specializes in boats making a new canopy for our pergola on our patio. Figured it's a good time for him over the winter to use it as filler work. I asked him what he recommended as a protectant and he immediately said "303 is the best stuff out there but.."

I cut him off and said "it's expensive. I know but I don't care! I've been using it on our convertible and it works great."

·
Registered
243 Posts
I went to O'Reilly Auto Parts and they told me to use the 303 Protectant Interior and Exterior Ultimate UV Protection, however the bottle says not to use on fabrics. Is this the wrong product? Thanks.
Like John said it's the Wrong product for a CLOTH top.
You want the 303 product that says "Fabric GUARD" you can get it online if you can't find it in retail stores.
The Fabric Guard will help water proof the cover and help protect it from UV rays.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts