Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sol 716 to arrive today -9/23/05

You aren’t going to believe this but I brought my Solstice cap to work with me today just in case! Sure enough, my Inventory manager called me about noon saying that the DBC claims my number 716 Cool Solstice was just offloaded onto a truck in Janesville WI and should make it to Cedar Rapids Iowa sometime today! And it’s my birthday!!!!! Now, if it will just get to the dealers before 6pm closing time!!! If not, I may have to wait the entire weekend until Monday for them to be able to prep the car. NO WAY! Wish me luck! Janesville is 3 hours away and no one knows how many other cars are being delivered on the way down to C.R. I’m going to bust my pants with this last minute waiting!!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Del Solstice said:
You aren’t going to believe this but I brought my Solstice cap to work with me today just in case! Sure enough, my Inventory manager called me about noon saying that the DBC claims my number 716 Cool Solstice was just offloaded onto a truck in Janesville WI and should make it to Cedar Rapids Iowa sometime today! And it’s my birthday!!!!! Now, if it will just get to the dealers before 6pm closing time!!! If not, I may have to wait the entire weekend until Monday for them to be able to prep the car. NO WAY! Wish me luck! Janesville is 3 hours away and no one knows how many other cars are being delivered on the way down to C.R. I’m going to bust my pants with this last minute waiting!!!!!
:party: :cheers: :party: Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!!! What a wonderful birthday present....... :yesnod:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes - Congrats! You will be enjoying your ride up the Mississippi!...... have fun! :grouphug:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Car is at the dealers

Went down at 5 pm and signed all the papers. At 6 pm - still no Sol. 7PM and we drove buy the dealers on the way to the restaurant. Still no car. Had a nice birthday dinner and drove to the dealers on the way home. Surpise! HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!! The car is sitting in the lot ready to be "prep'd" tomorrow. Wow, the Cool silver color is great. Its going to be hard to sleep tonight. The car is to be final inspected tomorrow and then it should be mine by 10 am or so. More tomorrow. Hope this means the rest of the cars will come soon. Hang in, the wait is worth it!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats Del, & happy birthday! :party:

Now, when do I get to see it? ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Progress report on 716

It was raining when my wife and I picked up the car. Good news, the top does not leak! Later in the day the rain turned to intermittent drizzles and then to partly sunny so we took the top down as we drove around town on an artist studio tour. Once I had to run out and put the top up because it was just starting to rain. I think I broke the record for the shortest time from new convertible to wet convertible. (We started our drive with 27 miles on the car and it had about 35 when the rain came.) Just a few drops and a few leaves made it onto my cloth seats and so no damage done. I know from experience, my Sol won’t be a real convertible until it has an inch of water in the bucket seats. Then we will see if Pontiac chose the right materials to dry out quickly with out smelling like a drown rat. Honda sure did it on my Del Sol so let’s hope the Solstice team was equally smart!
Just got back from “cursen” the strip and I can tell you that you are going to turn some heads with the Sol. Many folks just stared and then gave us a big thumbs up! Got to hit the rack now and make up for the sleepless night – last night. My big accomplishment for the day… 75 miles on my beautiful Cool Sol.!

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy the rides. :party:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Mike McGrath Auto Center for #716

My internet connection has been down all weekend and so I have not been able to do any posting or even get my pictures ready to put on this site. Perhaps tonight after I have driven some more. For now it's back to work until 5 or 6 pm. But before I go, a special BIG thank you to Don Dudley for inspecting my car so I could have it on Saturday. He came in on his day off just for me! And to the General Sales Manager, Greg Stockdale for taking a problem and turning it into a solution, the result of which is one VERY HAPPY Solstice owner and customer for life! And a big thanks to Mike Zika, Service Manager, who "twisted" Don's arm to get him in to do the inspection. (I can just hear it now: "Don, I have some bad news for you. You need to come in on your day off and test drive the only, and first, Solstice in Cedar Rapids." And by the way, Don is now the resident expert on the Solstice. He knows where the lift pads are, he knows where the hood latch is and he knows where the dip stick is. I'm sure he knows much more than that too but it’s his secret and when the Sol comes in for service, I guess the Jeeps will just have to wait while Don to performs his magic on any Solstice lucky enough to have him as its mechanic.) And thanks to Jim Shovein, Sales Consultant, who stepped up to the plate and offered to help me out when my original salesman went on to other opportunities. Also, a big thanks to Allen Hawkins, Internet and Aftermarket Manager, for taking all those pictures when my wife’s camera ran out of memory. And finally, a HUGE THANK YOU to Justin Rozinek, Inventory Manager, who was mainly responsible for getting me a slot in the EOP program by staying on the computer - even when the server was swamped. Justin has been my main source of contact for dealer information on the progress of my Sol as it moved through all of those obscure codes and as it was transported to the dealership. Justin helped keep me sane while waiting all those months since April. He was always helpful, kind and understanding! In my opinion, he went far above the normal call of duty. Finally, THANKS to all the guys at Mike McGrath Auto Center in good old Cedar Rapids Iowa!

And by the way, Mike McGrath has 3 more cars coming! In transit is a Deep (blue) with black leather seats. They will also be getting an Aggressive (red) with black leather and a Mysterious (black) with black cloth seats.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats. Nice to know that there are dealers out there who bend over backwards for their customers (although it being a solstice, probably helps). You taking a sick day tomorrow. Wink wink. Came down with something like the Solstice fever, which raises your body temp so much, the only way to cool you down is have 60mph air blowing into your face. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.