Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled up to a light next to a lovely silver Miata (in my SLY) and we had gome good-natured bantering and complimented each others ride. At the green (we were in Old Town Alexandria) we both knew better than to gun 'em. At the next light up pulls a silver Maserati convertable and we all repeat our compliments. We'd have stayed there chatting all day except the folks behind us were honking their horns. Long report on the first three hundred miles to follow...

Backstage

Here's a little more... there is more front end there than you think, be extremely careful parking. At lights the cars behind you will appear to be real close in your rear view mirror, it's because there is not much car behind you. At speed the cars behind you will tailgate, it's because they are trying to read the name of the car... the giveaway, they drift to the right as they are looking. More later.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Wonderful story, interesting observations of other drivers gawking and craning

Very funny story about the drivers trying to read the model information off of the back.

Don't worry, just drive smoothly, and look very far ahead of you, leaving a large space in which to very gently bring the car down in speed. They won't hit you.

It can be nerve racking having a car follow closely, but that's when you work on changing lanes to let them go by and have the look at the car they are so desperately craning their necks to get.

Great story. Look forward to the longer descriptions. Thanks. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
What do you think you bot? A boulevaard cruiser? We need firsthand report of someone being left in the dust at green, at it better NOT be the Sol. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
People are looking that's for sure. This car is great PR for Pontiac.

While cruising in the right lane I hear people slowing down off my left side to get a look it then they speed away. A cop car slowed down on the highway to check it out.

I see a lot of guys in high-end sedans (BMW, Lexus...) turning their neck to get a look.

When going slower around town, people on the sidewalk yell stuff, give you the thumbs up or just get a goofy smile when they see it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tell me about it.

I just know one of these people gawking at the car is going to smash into me. Everywhere I go I have people right on my tail, stopping short in front of me and just generally getting waaaaayyy too close for my comfort!

Flagg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts