Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to AutomotiveNews.com...184 Solstice's were produced last week.

505 cars for the month of August. (we assume all are retail)

YTD (July/August): 1341 cars (no one knows exactly how many are for retail)

We're getting there!

RadRiv

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
500, halfway thru first 1000, nice :cool:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Just a minor correction ... those YTD totals are for the whole year and not just July and August. There were 836 Solstices produced (YTD) as of the end of July. 330 of those were produced in July. But there were only about 180 production Sols at that same point. There are something like 656 test cars that are being included in those numbers. Here is a copy of the GM spreadsheet that shows the numbers from the end of July ...

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/84/84530/sales_production/Production_0805.xls

That would mean 685 production-level Sols so far. Looking good. :thumbs:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just can't get over that GM would produce that many test cars. But regardless, at least they are making retail cars now...and all we need to do is have them ship 'em.

RadRiv
:lurk:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
RADRIV said:
I just can't get over that GM would produce that many test cars. But regardless, at least they are making retail cars now...and all we need to do is have them ship 'em.
Yeah, it seems like a lot ... but I guess it probably has something to do with our lawsuit-crazy society. When things go wrong in cars, it can mean that people die. So car companies certainly don't want anything unexpected popping up on a brand new design. Better to be safe than sorry. Of course, it seems silly little fitment problems dragged things out even longer, but I'm sure that will be forgotten quickly if they just start shipping them as you said. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SlySol said:
Just a minor correction ... those YTD totals are for the whole year and not just July and August. There were 836 Solstices produced (YTD) as of the end of July. 330 of those were produced in July. But there were only about 180 production Sols at that same point. There are something like 656 test cars that are being included in those numbers. Here is a copy of the GM spreadsheet that shows the numbers from the end of July ...

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/84/84530/sales_production/Production_0805.xls

That would mean 685 production-level Sols so far. Looking good. :thumbs:
Looks great to me!!! And next zero/zipper's priorty

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think they produced so many test vehicles because so many of the GM employee's wanted one to drive around in. :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Do the Math

180 production units in July plus 505 in August and that gives us 685 cars.

Recall GMLD on Monday they were near 500 of the 1st 1k, and that fits with these facts.

Oops remembered Small Dealer's comment on numbers

Originally Posted by Small Dealer
Keep in mind the only things that matter are production week of July 25th and on, when production of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices started.

So we might only have 581 production cars.

:(

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Have a nice production graph done in excel, but done know how to post it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sweet, I might get my car before the snow!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
mceb said:
Nice job.
Thanks, I plan to update and repost each weekend that RADRIV gives us the latest numbers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts