Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm buying my sol from a dealer that is 80 miles from my house because i could get it the earliest from them. there are probably 6 dealerships closer to my place, but one in particular that is only 3 miles away. will i be able to have issues with the car serviced there, or will i have to drive 80 miles each time i need something fixed (i.e. leaks, "banging" transmission, and other problems that have been talked about on the forum)?? what is GM's policy on warranty and recall service issues, particularly on this car, which seems to be unique in so many ways. :lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hope you are as lucky as me (and I believe most of the owners). It has been raining for several days here in San Francisco and I have had no leak problems. Also, no odd sounds when shifting. Hope you have no problems. I think they did a great job on this car.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
txsol said:
i'm buying my sol from a dealer that is 80 miles from my house because i could get it the earliest from them. there are probably 6 dealerships closer to my place, but one in particular that is only 3 miles away. will i be able to have issues with the car serviced there, or will i have to drive 80 miles each time i need something fixed (i.e. leaks, "banging" transmission, and other problems that have been talked about on the forum)?? what is GM's policy on warranty and recall service issues, particularly on this car, which seems to be unique in so many ways. :lol:
Your car can be service on any authorize Pontiac/GM dealer, period.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Your car can be service on any authorize Pontiac/GM dealer, period.
What LatinVenom said.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You can get it serviced at any Pontiac dealership. However, if you need support in having something fixed that is questionable, you will probably get more support from the dealer who sold it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking more along the lines of what late said. obviously any GM dealer will work on the car, but if you didn't buy it from them, they might be less willing to work on what they consider to be "minor adjustments," especially if you are trying to claim it is a production flaw.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
The service department is a money making operation for the dealership, they get paid from GM for warranty work, and if you ever go to a dealer service department that is giving you a hard time, pick up the phone and call the Pontiac customer line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts