Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has found out any info on if some Saturn Sky parts (bumpers/engine/anything) will have direct bolt-on replacements with the Sol's?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
It's the same exact platform, and with all the similarities (not to mention to save costs) I'm sure everything will use the same blueprints and just look different cosmetically.

I have (perhaps crazy) plans of getting a Sky front end at some point, as I'm sure all I'll need is the hood, headlights, and front bumper. I'd leave the Pontiac fenders, depending on wether or not they line up with the Sky hood... which I'm sure they will.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
dori-san said:
I have (perhaps crazy) plans of getting a Sky front end at some point, as I'm sure all I'll need is the hood, headlights, and front bumper. I'd leave the Pontiac fenders, depending on wether or not they line up with the Sky hood... which I'm sure they will.
plans on making a Frankensolstice?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
A SKYstice actually, but that's really only if I have a good 5 grand laying around. Cause I'm sure that's close to how much the front end would cost. I just would like to try it perhaps. Just to see if it can be done, done easily, and done well I guess.

·
Registered
363 Posts
dori-san said:
A SKYstice actually, but that's really only if I have a good 5 grand laying around. Cause I'm sure that's close to how much the front end would cost. I just would like to try it perhaps. Just to see if it can be done, done easily, and done well I guess.

Well heck, entertain us with a photochop

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Show me to a large picture of a red Sky in 3/4 view and I'd be obliged.

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
Will these work for you?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Oh my god I was in bed last night and I had a dream of doing that same thing. I woke up and thought how cool would a sky front end on a solstice look! The problem is getting the front end.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
SmokinSolstice said:
Oh my god I was in bed last night and I had a dream of doing that same thing. I woke up and thought how cool would a sky front end on a solstice look! The problem is getting the front end.
I would not call that a dream. I would call that a nightmare..........

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Hahaha perhaps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
whadda ya want?

The Sly and the Sol are both great and each has it's appeal. The big difference from my perspective is the tradition of the Pontiac split grill. The Sky, a Saturn with no tradition, can be whatever it wants to be and that's a good thing. But to a Pontiac guy, after all these years, I wanna see something that says....PONTIAC: :devil:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
dori-san said:
A SKYstice ...
:nono:

How 'bout - Solky :yesnod:

I think it rolls off the tounge a little smoother :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as far as the $$ to do the swap is concerned, i see the Sol and Sky being in the same "family" (if you will) as the Civic and Integra, pretty much everything is an easy bolt-on swap, from the engine to the suspension to the bumpers/body panels.

And hey, Dori... don't you even think about putting that Sky front end on the Sol, nothing beats that smooth robust flavor of the Sol's front end :yesnod:

·
Registered
130 Posts
disagree

Dori; No, you go ahead and do what you think's right. Understand that there's a lot of old Pontiac purists who remember 1965 GTO's, 1967 Firebirds and so on, with classic split grills that really don't get into the ricer thing. Just old school, that's all.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Look at the top view of the Solstice then the Sky and tell me they will have interchangable front bumpers, fenders, heck, even door panels that line up right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts