Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will anyone race their solstice?
I currently own a 2003 RSX type S and compete in the "Push it to the limit" series where the Miata's rule. http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/
I have never been a great fan of front wheel drive. With built in understeer,
60/40 weight distribution, i'm looking forward to throttle induced oversteering. (i miss the cars of the 70's).
Looking @ the spec's on this car it has potential. Power to weight may be and issue but the torque #'s look to be favourable and .9g in a turn! Looks like the solstice can handle.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
You'll have to wait for the factory bolt-on hardtop??? A spec-Solstice series with preferential equipment packages and pricing tied to local dealer sponsorship of the purchaser - like Neon would be cool, but priced a little steep considering the lower volume of cars available.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
achieftain said:
You'll have to wait for the factory bolt-on hardtop???
Why??? The rules look like Autocross rules, no roll bar or hardtop needed.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
LBJay said:
Why??? The rules look like Autocross rules, no roll bar or hardtop needed.
Confusing with Solsticeman's favorite racing class and rumors of hardtop factory racers to take on Mazda RX8, and not just MX5. :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
When I get mine, I'll probably autocross it. I may do track days too - not sure if I want to get back into wheel-to-wheel club racing (matter of WHEN, not IF someone stuffs you when they shouldn't :mad: )

With the right tires - should easily be able to peak lateral g's over 1.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts