Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back and forth about changing the exhaust on my gxp. One part of me would like the added sound, but I have dealt with loud exhaust with my past car and don't want to put up with annoying interior resonance and drone as the car is my dd.

I like the sound of the Solo Mach system and was wondering if anyone in the DFW area has this exhaust, or any others for that matter and would be willing to meet up to let me hear it in person.

Thank you,

Rob

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
If you want a more aggressive sound without the noise I for one would go with the Mach Shorty. Just my two cents but I got the Mach and later got Solo to install resonators in it to quieten it down a bit. A few others have done the same.

That was with the hi flow cat though and if you we're planning on leaving the stock cat on, the Mach would probably work well for you. The hi flow cat increases the sound level of the system.

Depends on your tolerance for the noise I guess, some like the Street Race with no muffler. Go figure...

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
If you want a more aggressive sound without the noise I for one would go with the Mach Shorty. Just my two cents but I got the Mach and later got Solo to install resonators in it to quieten it down a bit. A few others have done the same.

That was with the hi flow cat though and if you we're planning on leaving the stock cat on, the Mach would probably work well for you. The hi flow cat increases the sound level of the system.

Depends on your tolerance for the noise I guess, some like the Street Race with no muffler. Go figure...
:agree: 100%. I have a GXP with the Solo GXP Mach. I loved the sound with this. I then added the Solo HFC which made the sound louder and even deeper. I love this combo!!!! So if you want something that is not to loud but louder than stock and gives the car a rumble - Solo GXP Mach. Then if you decide you want a little more HP and a little louder get a tune and the Solo HFC.:thumbs:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I'm leaning towards, on the solo website they say the Mach is the quietest, while the mach shorty is their mid range sounding kit. I already ordered a tune from trifecta, so that is covered and I'll probably stick with the stock cat. Hopefully I'll find someone locally with the mach kit, but from what I've listened to and heard from people with this kit it should be the way to go. Thank you for the input guys.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
If you like power, forget about the complete exhaust and just install the high flow CAT. That will get you more mellow noise as well as most of the power gain possible from exhaust mods.

I run the Mach system with the high flow CAT in a coupe, which suffers from resonance issues and that combo is quite livable.

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you like power, forget about the complete exhaust and just install the high flow CAT. That will get you more mellow noise as well as most of the power gain possible from exhaust mods.

I run the Mach system with the high flow CAT in a coupe, which suffers from resonance issues and that combo is quite livable.
No issues with codes wspohn? I'd like to just go with the solo cat for the power, only other mod is the GMPP tune.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
No issues with codes wspohn? I'd like to just go with the solo cat for the power, only other mod is the GMPP tune.
No codes - Solo provides a stand off spacer that the downstream sensor installs into that prevents issues.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Solo High Flow Cat and Exhaust

:agree: 100%. I have a GXP with the Solo GXP Mach. I loved the sound with this. I then added the Solo HFC which made the sound louder and even deeper. I love this combo!!!! So if you want something that is not to loud but louder than stock and gives the car a rumble - Solo GXP Mach. Then if you decide you want a little more HP and a little louder get a tune and the Solo HFC.:thumbs:
I love mine - Not to load just right!!!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts