Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m probably the last Solstice/Sky owner to install an aftermarket exhaust system. The decision to install the Solo system was motivated by:

1. Purchasing a 500 Abarth as a daily driver two years ago; the factory exhaust system in the Solstice is quite a letdown after driving the Abarth.
2. After 7 years of ownership, it was a good time to spice things up, on an otherwise completely factory car.

Before/after audio clips:

https://youtu.be/b2TeVNr7GKI

It’s a good change. I’d go so far as to say the Solo Mach Shorty system makes the Solstice sound a bit exotic. I think my favorite part is the way the exhaust burbles after letting off the gas. As for performance, I don’t feel any difference, as compared to the stock system.

The only con—contrary to what Solo states on the their webpage--is some droning: parts of the car vibrate that have never vibrated before, including somewhere in the boomerang under certain engine loads. However, it’s by no means unbearable, and the droning doesn’t have a material effect on normal cruising.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Realize of course that the coupe drones where the convertible does not. If the drone is an issue for you Solo has a solution which if I remember correctly is the installation of a resonator in the system. Something about the construction of the coupe that makes it different.

There is a Solo shop a few blocks from my home and you'd be surprised how many they are still building for our cars. Not quite as many as in the cars hey day but not far off.

Love the sound and enjoy the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts