Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLO PERFORMANCE has three exhaust systems for the GXP.

This thread features the "Street Race" system.

The "Street Race" kit was developed primarily for people that want that race sound, high performance and the look of dual exhaust with polished stainless steel tips. Here are some attributes of our "Street Race" system:

1) Dual Exhaust. All polished mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust with two beautiful rear tips. (No muffler)

2) Front section- Full 3" mandrel stainless pipe with laser cut stainless flange, stainless oxygen sensor bung, 3" double braided flex pipe and additional hanger bracket. This 3" section actually sits ¼" to ½" higher than the stock 2 ½” exhaust.

3) Rear section - Stamped stainless Y pipe 3" in, dual 2 1/2" out. This branches into mirror image rear polished 2 1/2" stainless steel pipes with tips. This exits the stock rear valence.

4) Sound- Nice aggressive rumble with no droan.

5) Horse Power- Dyno reports coming soon! Should be very close to race version.

..............HP at the flywheel..........Torque..........Hp at rear wheel

Stock GXP........260........................235......... .........216............

Race version.....287........................245........ ..........239............
stock cat

6) Price: List Price........................ $630.00 USD
…….........Forum Discount Price..... $469.00
……....…...Pre Sale: ...................... $70.00 Discount for the first 20 kits sold.
……….......Shipping and Handling.. $80.00

Available on or around Feb. 20.

Here are some pics and videos. Please excuse the look of the prototype exhaust pipes and welds. They were road tested in the snow, slush and salt. The kit assembly will be a manufactured polished one piece unit.

Great care has been put into the making of these exhaust systems. We hope you enjoy them.

Solo 3" Street race kit with stock cat. http://youtube.com/watch?v=V3iR0sBVt6k

Attachments

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Love it!!!!! Pop, hiss, wheeze!!! The price is excellent!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love the SOUND of this kit! I just picked up my GXP a month ago, and this is the sound I was looking for. Does this adversely affect warranty, or require a reflash? That nice agressive growl is what the stock system is missing. Hmmmm.......................... Do you know what the weight is compared to stock GXP system?

·
Member FDIC
1,025 Posts
Sounds good. It's going to be hard deciding between sound vs. hp gains. I like the sound of this system more than the street/race, but sacrificing some hp at the same time. Were you ever able to get clips of the street/race with high flow cat? I need to hear just how loud that is.

·
497 Posts
Ahh, I can’t decide! :willy:

I really like the sound but I’m afraid it might be too loud. The last thing I want to do is install this thing and then get a ticket for noise… I also want to hear it (and the MACH) with the 3” Cat as I’d want a new Cat with either system. That is if I can ever decide between the two. :confused:

The warranty questions is a good one too, are there any concerns to consider? And, is there any chance the reduced backpressure will cause other unforeseen engine problems down the road?

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Warranty issues: Usually you can do just about anything cat back with no warranty issues. When you change the converter is when you may have problems. Cat's are changed all the time but it's always best to check with your dealer so you know exactly where you stand.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I placed my order for this kit along with the high flow cat.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
A couple of questions. Shabby which combo are you running? I can go faster on a quieter car. I want the high flow cat, but the last thing I need is any more cop attention. Will changing the cat trip any check engine codes?
The mach kit with the hiflow cat is still on the quiet side, i would go with that if you dont want to get noticed by the cops. Not positive on the check engine codes, we'll have to do more testing on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm convinced, now to get my wife on board.....:ack:

One question, is it a complete "bolt on" unit or is some welding involved?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm convinced, now to get my wife on board.....:ack:

One question, is it a complete "bolt on" unit or is some welding involved?
There should be no welding/drilling involved I believe for any of their kits.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can't decide which one:willy:
I like the gains with the street race and it does sound nice but I like the gains with the mach plus high-flow cat even better. I'm just afraid of possible warranty issues

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I can't decide which one:willy:
I like the gains with the street race and it does sound nice but I like the gains with the mach plus high-flow cat even better. I'm just afraid of possible warranty issues
What warranty issues... just bolt the stock exhaust back on ;)

·
497 Posts
What warranty issues... just bolt the stock exhaust back on ;)
This is pretty much what I've decided to do should the situation arise. I've found a local race shop to do the work and store the old exhaust so I'm good to go for the MACH system once the 3" cat is a go. :)

·
Member FDIC
1,025 Posts
Yea, but what about the little engine lifting needed to switch cats. Everytime you take your car in to the dealer you'll be having to go through that process just to switch cats.

·
497 Posts
After giving this considerable thought I’m willing to gamble I won’t have the type of problem that will prompt me to have to switch the cat back to the original. While the service manager did give me the “disclaimer” the underlying impression was that it wasn’t an issue but a formality. I agree it is a risk but one I’m prepared to take.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts