Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I just PM'd them yesterday and it's still $549 with shipping.
Good to know. I might have a chance to drive out to within 30 miles of Solo here for work in April. If that's the case, I'm going to take the GXP and sneak on over to see if I can get an install!

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hi RL. I missed the last few posts. Please come on down if you like in April. You not only save on the shipping costs we will install it for free. One more note for anyone who can make it down to us, if for some reason you don't like it on the test drive we can try another system. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Hi RL. I missed the last few posts. Please come on down if you like in April. You not only save on the shipping costs we will install it for free. One more note for anyone who can make it down to us, if for some reason you don't like it on the test drive we can try another system. Thanks.
Holy batman! Talk about customer service! :willy: Your located on the east coast or canada? I am confused on that. I would love to visit some time.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
No problem. I hope to figure out in the next week or so when I would be heading that way. If I can pull it off by taking the GXP, I'll be in touch to set something up. Thanks!

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thanks RL we look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Smokin we would really like to have you down if you can make it. We have 4 mufflershops that all contribute to the design and manufacturing of our Solstice exhaust kits and products. They are located in Buffalo NY, Welland, Hamilton, and Toronto Ontario. Let us know if your ever close. There is a lot to do in the Niagara Falls area if you have never been. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Thanks RL we look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Smokin we would really like to have you down if you can make it. We have 4 mufflershops that all contribute to the design and manufacturing of our Solstice exhaust kits and products. They are located in Buffalo NY, Welland, Hamilton, and Toronto Ontario. Let us know if your ever close. There is a lot to do in the Niagara Falls area if you have never been. Thanks.
Next time I am out east...I'll drop you a line!:yesnod: :yesnod:

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hi Iggy. If you're waiting for all the snow to melt I'll see you in June. :lol: We're looking forward to it. Hope this long winter was a good one for you!

·
Registered
374 Posts
can't wait to see you guys in Vegas.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
What date are you all leaving for Las Vegas? Looks like my trip over your way won't be until the week of April 21st... and I'm guessing you'll be gone by the time I get there.

Oh well.. if that's the case I'll just have to order it, or you guys could crash at my place on the way out and we could do an install at my place! LOL

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hi RL, not to worry. We will still have a full staff of guys very familiar with the Solo Solstice/GXP product working at our store. A few of us will be gone but it will be business as usual at our stores. Let me know if and when you may want to set up a time and I'll brief the guys as to what to expect ... Thanks and have a great Easter!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
It doesn't look like work is going to let me drive my GXP over to Hamilton... so I'll have to go ahead and order.

What's the best way... I really don't see a way to order on the website.

Any install tricks? I'll be putting the car up on jack stands and doing the work with a buddy in my garage (hopefully).

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
Hi RL. Our website is being redone. We hope to have it up and running within the month and we will have a whole lot more info and also we'll have on-line ordering... You can order two ways, e-mail or telephone. Please don't hesitate to call, most people feel more comfortable that way. Our E-mail address is [email protected] or call 905-703-1557. ( Jeff ) Thanks so much for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you. Oh yeah, we send you detailed install instructions along with your tracking # after we ship. Well over 1/2 the people do it on their own. Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It doesn't look like work is going to let me drive my GXP over to Hamilton... so I'll have to go ahead and order.

Any install tricks? I'll be putting the car up on jack stands and doing the work with a buddy in my garage (hopefully).
RL:

Don't sweat the install, it is really a snap. Jeff does supply install instructions which are excellent. But in reality, if you have any mechanical aptitude at all, you will not have any problems. Just remember to position the exhaust pipe as close to the floor pan as possible. You can get them real high if you position everything correctly and never have to worry about anything hanging down too low. On the 4 rubber hangers around the muffler (if you are getting the Mach system) spray the rubber with some type of silicon lube like WD40 and you will have an easier time getting the stock muffler down and the new Solo reinstalled. You will love the system and the sound!!!!Good Luck :thumbs:

Frank I

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I pulled the trigger today and went ahead and ordered the Street Race exhaust for my GXP. I would have loved to been able to drive the car over there, but work just wasn't going to let it happen!

It was late in the day when I ordered, so the exhaust should ship out tomorrow and head on it's way to me. Hopefully next weekend I'll have it installed!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I pulled the trigger today and went ahead and ordered the Street Race exhaust for my GXP. I would have loved to been able to drive the car over there, but work just wasn't going to let it happen!

It was late in the day when I ordered, so the exhaust should ship out tomorrow and head on it's way to me. Hopefully next weekend I'll have it installed!
That's awesome! Good for you! Can't wait to hear about it!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

Congrats! Let me know your thoughts on it! Check out my thread on solo install suggestion lots of info and trust me if I can do it...you can do it! :yesnod:

P.S. Its a bitch getting the stock out of the rubber hangers. With time and patience it will happen. Its very easy putting the solo system in.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I had far more trouble getting the factory system out than putting the Street race system in. A long narrow screwdriver (used as a pry bar) and some lube (WD-40 may harm the rubber, so use soap and water instead.) Jeff and the rest of the solo gang were a pleasure to deal with. Enjoy your new system. Be prepared to order some dynamat as well that street race system can be loud when you stomp on in, I kind of like that feature though!!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Looking forward to hearing your opinions!!!!:yesnod:

81 - 100 of 176 Posts