Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I know this thread is very old, was just wondering if the forum discount price is still honored? Cant wait to get my Street Race Kit!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi JesseB, thanks so much for your interest in the Street Race exhaust kit. The current price is $599 including shipping. We are very conscious about trying to offer the lowest possible price especially for our wonderful Solstice supporters.:)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Thank you for the quick response! I currently live in southern ohio, I would actually prefer you guys install it, plus id love the drive back home to listen to my new exhaust...whenever I get the funds, i'll def contact you, will i need to set up an appointment, also is $599 the price installed, or do you charge to install it on the car?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I know this has been asked over and over, but I have not yet read what you think on this, my drive to work is a little over an hour and pretty much all highway...I have an 07 GXP, will 70MPH @ just under 2.5k RPM with the street race, be too loud inside, or get annoying inside the car with the top up?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Definitely interested in going Solo this year. Any possibility of a group rate discount and group day installation coordination?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I know this has been asked over and over, but I have not yet read what you think on this, my drive to work is a little over an hour and pretty much all highway...I have an 07 GXP, will 70MPH @ just under 2.5k RPM with the street race, be too loud inside, or get annoying inside the car with the top up?
I never saw an issue with it and I ran my GXP that way for 40,000+ miles. I now have a hi-flo cat and street race, and it's a bit loud until the cat warms up... but after that I get compliments *all the time* on the sound.

I think you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I already have the Mach exhaust on my car... Is it possible to just get the two exhaust pipes after the Y pipe? I want the street race exhaust but would like to not have to re-purchase the entire exhaust again. Any possibility in this happening???

The mach exhaust that I do have has a crack in the muffler...

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I already have the Mach exhaust on my car... Is it possible to just get the two exhaust pipes after the Y pipe? I want the street race exhaust but would like to not have to re-purchase the entire exhaust again. Any possibility in this happening???

The mach exhaust that I do have has a crack in the muffler...

Yeah, back in the day Spikey (Steve) used to change exhausts all the time. Call Solo and they can supply what you need.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Spoke with Jeff at solo and he has helped me out with replacing the Y and two rear pipes to convert my Mach exhaust to a street race exhaust. Buy not having to buy the full exhaust, I am saving 200 bucks. Much thanks to Jeff for helping me out on this.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Just as an update to anyone wondering...I have the Street Race with the HF Cat and
Absolutely love it...it is completely tolerable a highway speeds and sounds
Soo mean!!!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Just as an update to anyone wondering...I have the Street Race with the HF Cat and
Absolutely love it...it is completely tolerable a highway speeds and sounds
Soo mean!!!
Thanks Jesse...I was wondering if it would be too loud now that I'm used to the OEM. I really don't remember how mine sounded! I have the Street Race Exhaust and when I contacted Solo (Mike?) told me that there were only a handful that ran the Street Race and their HFC together because of the noise. When the dealer cut mine off and replaced it with the OEM, it was really quiet, but it has broken in nicely and now has the rumble back that I fell in love with. I am probably going to put a Solo HFC back on it this summer or next spring.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
161 - 176 of 176 Posts