Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed the Solo header and high flow cat. Wow, paired with SQR2 exhaust it sounds perfect. However, when hitting the throttle moderately/aggressively, there seems to be a faint exhaust leak. Sounds fine under light acceleration. I have went around and re-tightened all bolts four times since installation (two days ago.) No engine lights/stumbling/smoke/etc. I bought some Permatex Muffler Tailpipe Sealer and a pack of Tiger Patch exhaust tape. I am planning on putting this around the outside of the Cat/Header joint. is this ok?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it necessary for the cat to be bolted to the bracket on the engine block? I have the updated solo header with the reinforced tab welds. The reason I am asking is because I have basically mangled the bracket to make it line up with the cat hole, and it is making a rattle noise over bumps in the road. Is it okay if I completely take it out?

·
Registered
410 Posts
From what I've heard, you can use the RTV copper where the header/cat meets. SOLO should have sent you a gasket to fill the gap between the two. Also be sure to use the cut washers provided, they help keep things tight. I initially had trouble with header/cat leaks because the vibrations kept moving my bolts loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts