Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2006 na in for some regular maintenance recently and they discovered a small crack in my Solo performance header that I had installed last year. It still was under the 1 year warranty so I called Zoro Discount mufflers in Mississauga who installed it and they said come down anytime and we will replace it. I showed up today, they directed me straight into the bay and went to work on the car. Within an hour I had a new and improved header on the car and I was on my way home. No questions asked and no charge. Talk about great service so if you need exhaust work done on your Solstice or want to add some great Solo performance parts I would go and see these guys.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Yep, can't beat the service and support you get from Solo Performance.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I went through 3! when I had my NA. They replaced everyone after they all cracked at the welds in the same place. Finally they gave me my money back after the 3rd one. They are good people. Just hope the new header you have holds up. Mine never did.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I now have my new Solo header, a Werksracing hi flow cat and a Magnaflow exhaust and the problem is I don't like the loud noise coming out of the tailpipe anymore. Should I try a different muffler or should I go back to a more restrictive cat. The hi flow cat I have definitely added more noise than I wanted. Thanks, Gary. On the plus side the cat just passed the clean air test here in Ontario.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I'd keep the hi-flo cat. they have resonator tips you can install that should help some and you can get those cone inserts that will help muffle the noise. I did a search a while back trying to get my flowmasters to hush. I ended up spraying foam inside which did the trick. good luck

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Gary, if you are anywhere near the Mississauga store, call Jeff and tell him what the issue is. His resonators will tone the noise down. You aren't the first person with this issue believe me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the advice TX06manual and Sly Bob. I will definitely check into your suggestions. I am tired of driving down the road sounding like a teenager with a trash can for a muffler.

I just spoke with Zorro and their solution was a whole new exhaust and I am not ready to do that yet. TX06manual, what foam did you use and how did you use it. I was just experimenting a bit and it is possible to quiet it down at the exhaust tip. I would be happy if I could simply reduce the blare that standing on the gas pedal produces.

·
Registered
459 Posts
When I had my 2.4 in my car, I had the same problem. We ended up putting silencers inside the pipe right after the muffler. Bad noise gone, good noise stayed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts