Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Looking for anyone who might have some insight on the resonators Solo provides for the SQR2 exhaust.
I installed the Solo exhaust about 2500 miles ago and am experiencing a bit of drone at certain RPMs. Although I do like the exhaust note of the SQR2, it is also just a bit loud for my taste.
I spoke with Jeff at Solo and he stated that they could sell me a couple resonators that would help with the drone and reduce the audible level by about 20%. Due to the added cost of the resonators and labor to weld them in, I was hoping a forum member might have some info or best case, had done the install and could comment on the outcome.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
sounds great

Jeff was great to deal with. I installed the Solo with shorty header and a free-flow cat. I ordered the exhaust with the "quieter" muffler and it came with a resonator as part of the system. Sounds great!. bit louder, no drone, still has the off-throttle burble, easy installation if you have some help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bella
I do believe the standard SQR2 exhaust does have a resonator in-line before the muffler. I am referring to additional resonators that have to be welded in after the resonator and before the muffler. From my understanding, they weld in where the exhaust splits to go around the rear differential.
I am not a welder but I do know it takes some skill to weld stainless so I just wanted to see if anyone else had installed these and whether the benefits are worth the added expense.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Gotcha! Duals. A bit of difference! That explains why you have an NA with an exhaust note that is just a little different.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts