Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Badmonito. We can save you the shipping and install fees. Detroit is only about 3 1/2 hours away from one of our stores if you can make it down to see us. Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I got mine this afternoon. Just got it installed, about 2hrs install time. By far the hardest part was getting the rubber mounts off of the muffler. Just about to take it for a test spin, sounds great at idle. But I can't wait to hear this bad boy at 3000-4000 rpm. I will be sure to post clips after the break in period. Oh, one more thing. I am very pleased with the quality of the provided components. I was a little afraid that with the price point it's being sold at, that some of the parts would be cheap. But that fear was quickly put to rest when I opened the box, quality components all around! :)

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Jeff - great idea & affordable

Hey GM for that price - they should be standard equipment on all NA Solstices from the factory. A great upgrade for all NA owners and still be able to use the factory rear fascia.

Although this is nice, I still love my SOLO SQR-2 centre exhaust and the look of Norm's smooth rear fascia.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks Jackl, we're glad you are still enjoying your SQR-2 kit. I bet you're ithing to get it out after nothing but snow for 2 1/2 months... 66Cat thanks for the review. We're looking forward to the sound clips if you get a chance to do them. Thanks!

·
Banned
629 Posts
Hey Jeff, I believe I was the first if not then one of the first ones to test the Storm DIY unit and give you feedback. Just wanted to let you know that it has been over a year now and its still solid as rock. I did away with with the forward clamp and welded it. Myself and everyone thats heard it thinks its perfect. I think its the best kept secret in Solstice exhaust. As I stated in the thread that started it all, if you're on a budget and don't want your Sol to sound like a Cavalier then this is the way to go. Thanks for a great system at a great price. :D:driving::thumbs:

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank You Envious! Yes you were the first. We have always maintained that a good performance exhaust kit has to stand the test of time. Does the owner still like it 6 months later? If the answer is "yes" then it's a very good exhaust kit. Thanks for your answer! We're glad your still having fun with it.

·
Banned
629 Posts
I got mine this afternoon. Just got it installed, about 2hrs install time. By far the hardest part was getting the rubber mounts off of the muffler. Just about to take it for a test spin, sounds great at idle. But I can't wait to hear this bad boy at 3000-4000 rpm. I will be sure to post clips after the break in period. Oh, one more thing. I am very pleased with the quality of the provided components. I was a little afraid that with the price point it's being sold at, that some of the parts would be cheap. But that fear was quickly put to rest when I opened the box, quality components all around! :)
How'd you like that muffler ? A real hand made jewel huh...I think it'll be the last muffler my car ever needs unless I decide to upgrade. You're gonna love the new sound.:yesnod::thumbs:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have now had a few days to test this new exhaust out, and am very impressed with it. It is only a bit louder than stock, but the deeper sound is much improved. This should be standard from the dealer!!

The staff at the Mississauga location were all friendly and knowledgable.

I would recommend this to any N/A owner who wants something a bit different and has a more restricted budget (Not needing a new valance is a big plus).

Thanks all around...

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi Venice. Yes we sure do have this kit in stock and ready for shipping. Unfortunately the pre-sale has ended. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions etc. Thanks so much for your interest.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry to be dumb, but you're saying this system does not require any welding?
I can jack my car up and install it with a sawzall and a few wrenches?

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi Skewzme. Thanks for your interest! Yes DaveOC is right, a sawzall, a 9/16 socket and wrench and a bit of patience is all you need. It's pretty straight forward and we're only a phone call away if you get stuck. Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
what sort of performance increases would I be able to expect? e.g. horsepower, torque, etc. or is this simply for a more agressive and deeper sound?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks very much guys. Hope you are all doing well. The exhaust note is unique. It's a moderate or mid range rumble. It's tricky to get the 2.4 not to drone when you have a resonator. Without a resonator it's even harder. We had to use the big body STORM to do this. It's a mid range wonderful sound that cuts down enough noise not to drone but still has enough sound to have a very nice rumble. On a loudness scale from 1-10 it's about a 5, but a very sweet 5.
How does this compare to the N/A single cat back, is it the same muffler? I know I want more and deeper sound, and if the stock pipe is the same diameter as the cat back system and the muffler is the same, then this makes sense, especially cause I can almost afford this right now before the snow clears.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hi Ozone and Fireman. Thanks so much for your interest. The axle back is a great "bang for your buck" exhaust set up. The muffler on the N/A axle back set up is our big body Storm muffler and it has been credited many times with the N/A axle back for better gas mileage. I don't have any hard data but several customers have commented to me that the exhaust system will pay for itself in no time due to their gas savings. We did not dyno this system.

You can "tune" an exhaust better if you do a converter back exhaust as opposed to an axle back. You have much more to work with the further up you go. The axle back exhaust sounds wonderful and it doesn't drone. This is no easy feat on the 2.4 N/A without a resonator. The full cat back sounds deeper and "fuller" but nobody has been disappointed with the axle back exhaust note. It's deep, rumbling, aggressive and not "ricey" at all. Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
How low and loud of a rumble can you get from the 2.4? I'd love to get the Classic Muscle sound from this little car-- is that possible with half the cylinders?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts