Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this thread may go crazy but it is what it is and I have pretty much been left with no choice as of late. I've been unemployed 4/6 months this year so it's time to pay back some bills and rearrange my life. I have spent a lot of money on this car, and it's an addiction. I've decided that I'll be selling my car, paying off Nicole's Trans Am, buying a d.d. and paying of my credit cards. It's something long overdue. So if anyone is interested please let me know. There are some things I need to finish up before it's ready for sale, but it will all be taken care of before I let it go. You can see my mods list in my signature, and I will attach pictures to this for people to see. I finally added up the costs the other night and they add up to around $42,000 invested in this car. I know I will lost a lot of it, but hopefully not all so my asking price is $26,500 OBO and yes, I'm fully accepting trades but have a few in mind if anyone is interested. Trades must be worth no more than $20,000 though as I need to get at least $10,000 from the trade.

Mobil 1 Oil Changes every 3,000 miles or 70% on the DTC
Flushed out rear differential and transmission with full synthetic royal purple fluids
Exhaust was fully replaced around 12,000 miles
Stage I Supercharger was on from 15,000 miles - 28,000 miles
Stage II Supercharger was on from 28,000 miles - 33,000 miles (current)
There is a problem with the top that is being covered under warranty
There have been two accidents with this car, both were just minor cosmetic damage
If you have any other questions please let me know

If you'd like to talk to me about this decision please contact me via PM as I'm sure many of you will be surprised by this.

Here are some pictures:

Exterior:

Interior:

Rims and Tires:

Engine Bay:

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Nooo!!!!!

SolScuba...say it isn't so...P

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SolScuba...say it isn't so...P
It is :(

I hate to see it go, but I can't have it stay. I lost my good job, working for minimum wage, so I need to downsize. Guess we'll see what happens. I'm hoping for a trade though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Dude no you cant sell it come down here I can get you a job in surgery for twice minimum wage and you could keep your car

:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I wish I can do something to get you a better job, but I'm in no position to influence anybody at my work. Well, keep in touch, and you know my passenger seat is opened for any solstice run ^^

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Jesus man, you are going to be missed around here. You have been a pillar here on the Solstice Forum and for me it's gonna be right up there with loosing Tweety some time ago.

That said, it takes a lot of guts to do what you are doing. A lesser man would have held on until it was too late and I admire you for what you are doing.

My hat goes off to you... :grouphug:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Oh Scuba!! There has to be another way!!! I'm strapped, but I traded my beloved GP yesterday for better cash flow. Crap man!!! This stinks!!! :(

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
:( I am so sorry to hear this, Sol Scuba, but I understand. Hope you will still come visit us on the solsticeforum.:yesnod:

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Ahhh no way Scuba...I can't believe it...it seems you are trying to get your life in order...probably a smart decision in the long run, especially with a wedding coming up. Let me know if you need anything. I'm so sad.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I NEVER GOT TO SEE YOUR CAR!!! This sucks.....but I understand.....crapcrapcrap

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I found myself in the same situation this spring, was going to have to sell Chili and some other stuff but I went back home and got 1 big loan, paid off everything and only have 2 payments now instead of 8 payments. Keep your chin up, I hope something happens for the good soon, my positive thoughts are with you.
Kimberly

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I'm still on the lookout for a better job, but there is nothing in this area. That could potentially fix all of the problems. I guess we'll see!!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Well I'm still on the lookout for a better job, but there is nothing in this area. That could potentially fix all of the problems. I guess we'll see!!
You never know!! With all the Solstice trips (and I'm not giving any of those up!!), and the high heat bills...I've been totally strapped. I was making good headway on my credit cards until early this year and I racked up $2000 more on them, on top of $2000 in work expenses. So I've been looking for a way to better my cash flow situation. I found it this weekend.

Unfortunately I had to trade my GP to do it. I did replace it with a shiny new G6 GT hard top. Took advantage of the 0% action and saved myself a boatload of money each month. More debt, but better cashflow.

The plan is to save that extra money each month and only tap into it to pay my travel expenses and heating bills. I'm looking to downsize a few other things as well, like the storage space that doesn't have much in it. Dumping my beloved NFL Sunday Ticket this fall...stuff like that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hello,

the short time i have been on here you are one of the driving forces on here. i hate to see anybody on hardtimes but i understand where you are at. in 1991 i was in the same situation and had to sell my 1986 Grandnational. it hurt but it was the only choice. hopefully something will work out for you and good luck

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,219 Posts
Hang in there SolScuba. It's only a car, and can be replaced down the road once things are settled down a bit and your life is a bit more steady.

Take the time to care for the big things, and then all the little things follow on.

I wish you luck!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I know you have put some thought into this, so hopefully things will work out for you. Its possible that things could turn around for you after you sell the Sol and you can upgrade to a Sky. :lol: J/K I'll keep the passenger seat open for you when ya need a ride. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
That is really to bad. It is great looking car and you put a lot of yourself into it. I've read a fair number of your posts and found them to be very informative. All the best!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sorry to hear this, but sounds like it's the right thing to do if the car and mods are hurting you guys from a financial standpoint. Let me know if you end up back at Kettering, I may be able to get you a good recommendation for a sweet co-op.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still looking at trades, $28,500 OBO

Looking into listing on ebay since there isn't any custom ones on Ebay.

Make me an offer please!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts