Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend in the car industry and she sent me this email this morning. She will be there on friday, I previously asked if anyone could get a guest in, but it's not neccessary, she will be there.
I think everyone will be excited to hear the latest on friday's event.
from detriot:
On Friday August 5th, from 1-2pm in the GM Wintergarden, you are invited to
join a number of the 1st 1000 Pontiac Solstice owners in an event
celebrating the first delivery of the Pontiac roadster. The
specially-badged “First 1,000” vehicles were ordered in a record 41 minutes
following announcement of the early order promotion on NBC’s The Apprentice
in April.

During this special event, the first Solstice, VIN 001, will be delivered
to the owner in an event that will also include remarks by Vice Chairman
Bob Lutz and Vehicle Line Executive Lori Queen. A number of other GM
executives will also be on hand to meet with the group of “First 1,000”
Solstice owners. Currently, a total of 244 of the “First 1,000” owners
(including one guest) are confirmed to attend. After the presentation, the
owners will also have their first opportunity to test drive one of the 25
two-seat roadsters that will be lined up outside the Wintergarden.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Their "one guest" info must be wrong. My wife is coming as my guest. I had to give her name when I called to RSVP. I talked to Lori, the same girl who let me know I was approved for my order in an event which seems like it was years ago. I have a feeling the "one guest" is a special guest and not just the partner/friend many of us are taking with us. Could it be Solsticeman?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I think they mean the 244 includes the guests.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The press coverage may dwarf us first 1000 buyers. Where something nice as your picture may end up in some Solstice cover story somewhere.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My guess is it's Trump and he is there for Kendras delivery vin # 0001

·
Registered
528 Posts
Check the other thread, "VIN & The List". The first car is going to one us retail buying slobs. Well, she might not have to pay for it now though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The EOP was for the first 1000 retail "orders"... Kendra's car is a gift and does not fit the rules. ( Her's may be 1001)
I think we would all be disappointed if she got 00001

·
Registered
515 Posts
first 1k said:
The EOP was for the first 1000 retail "orders"... Kendra's car is a gift and does not fit the rules. ( Her's may be 1001)
I think we would all be disappointed if she got 00001
How about #0? Would that be ok?

·
Registered
936 Posts
If they are giving the first one away then I still have hope it could be my Sly car since that was the color of the prototype. They haven't contacted me to tell me but that could be because they know I am comming from my RSVP. That Idaho thing could be just to throw me off. Those sly dogs they are doing everything so I do't suspect anything. Now that I have figured it out I will just act real supprised when I get there.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Here's a thought.... owner of car #1 lives in Idaho... her car will be presented to her in Detroit..... Do you drive it home? or do you have em load it up again and ship it? ( speaking as an Idahoan transplanted to Michigan I'm guessing about 1,800 miles and about 3 days drive).

·
Registered
184 Posts
I Bet....

The person with vin #01 new about the party long before everyone else so that they could arrange to have their car transported home. GM would want to make sure that the person receiving vin #01 attended this party -- Publicity!! Front page of some papers -- THE FIRST EOP SOLSTICE OFF OF THE LINE IS DELIVERED PERSONALLY BY LUTZ!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Exactly, they had to contact the dealership first to let them know and then the buyer. Pontiac had this planned for a while, but they needed the commitment from the buyer to attend before going public to us and the media about the event. Remember the little disclaimer we all agreed to about allowing out image to be used in any special promotion.

Yes, Pontiac is going to ship the car directly from Detroit to its new home.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
package said:
Here's a thought.... owner of car #1 lives in Idaho... her car will be presented to her in Detroit..... Do you drive it home? or do you have em load it up again and ship it? ( speaking as an Idahoan transplanted to Michigan I'm guessing about 1,800 miles and about 3 days drive).
What a beautiful drive back though. :yesnod: A Solstice on the open roads of Montana in the Summertime! :cool:

·
Registered
479 Posts
The Idaho thing could be a ruse, how many dealers have been correct with the info they have told any of us? Small Dealer has been a wealth of info. I think he just works harder to be informed, rather than taking half ass info. from " informed sources ". Yep, :agree: that # 001 already knows who they are, probably have their trip paid in full. But I still have a hunch it could be Kendra, well whoever it is congrats.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts