Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new here and have some questions. Please help. did a lot of research and even called metra and schoche, but didnt get a definitive answer.

I have a 08 2.4 Liter with on-star, bluetooth, without Monsoon. I want to keep the turn signal, warning chimes and everything including on-star(even I never used it before) and bluetooth. What harnesses do I need to purchase for the radio and for turn signals, chimes etc.?

Also, where can i get the perfect fit adapter for the front speakers replacements (I am trying to avoid splicing or soldering any wires). crutchfield had the rear speaker (3.5inch) harness that was just connect and plug.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Go to PAC, or Metra (they are the manufacturers of many of these wiring harnesses and modules needed to retain features such as turn signals, and onstar). Enter your make/model/year, and it will tell you exactly what you need to have what features you want.

Just a tip, even though Metra says their all in one unit works and does all features, they lie and it was confirmed with a technical support rep whom said "we have never been able to make all features available on your car" my response "so why does it explicitly say in your material and application database that it does?" their's, "our apologies, we do our best with keeping applications accurate, but we make mistakes". I could not get some of the features to work, and in the end had to use 2 separate modules/harnesses. But it's not a big deal, most cars with features like on-star, steering wheel buttons, etc, need 2.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Like he said, I have double din in mine with all the bells and whistles

·
Registered
3,440 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found out about the GMOS, but i was asking about FRONT DOOR SPEAKERS. Harness to hook up new aftermarket front door speakers without cutting or splicing the factory speaker wires from the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts