Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Solstice with a tan convertible top. The top needs replaced.
How hard is that to do? I am considering doing this myself.
What reputable companies are there that I should consider buying a replacement top?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,146 Posts
I have a 2008 Solstice with a tan convertible top. The top needs replaced.
How hard is that to do? I am considering doing this myself.
What reputable companies are there that I should consider buying a replacement top?

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

If you are talking about finding a complete top somewhere and swapping it, the job is not difficult as long as you have some skills and some patience for the alignment. You will also need a helper to maneuver the tops on and off the car.

Replacing just the canvas is another story altogether. First, i don't know if you can buy the canvas by itself. There is a company that makes replacements, but i believe that they only sell to installers. There is a thread here by a member who had a top replaced and he seemed happy with the price and the process. @chickenwire maybe? I am too lazy to search at this moment.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Sticky topic right at the top of this "general" spec's section!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
My understanding that that many convertible top companies won't even touch our tops because they are too labor intensive to replace the canvas and many shops have learned that they can never make the top right again. They will however replace pieces. Most charge well over $3000 to replace the entire canvas. And if you can find a top, they aren't cheap either....Cheapest I've seen was a used top for $2500.

·
Registered
338 Posts
HoosierGXP lives in Indiana and parts out kappas. He normally has quite a few like-new tops, usually asks $500 or $600 depending on condition, headliner, etc.

You will have to contact him and inquire about a tan top and if he can ship if you aren't within driving distance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts