Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this accessories placard from my salesman,will give an overview,not a talented typist.
A.18" Cast Chrome Wheel
B.Tonneau Cover
C.Windscreen-Buffers wind,attaches between the seats on the back.
D. Performance Exhaust System
E.Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips-2 to choose from
F.Designer Floor Mats
G. Spash Guards
&.Smokers Package & Two Front End Covers.One for license plate,one not.
Coming Soon:Air Box--3rd Quarter,Sport Suspension--4th Quarter,Car Cover--4th Quarter.All 2005
Effective August 31,2005 :cool:

·
Registered
528 Posts
The tonneau cover is probably one of the best performance upgrades for the Solstice. Take the trouble to remove the top and all the metal that goes with it and keep the tonneau cover in your now bigger trunk. You shave 60 lbs off the car and increase your full time trunk volume.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Primus said:
any prices? Specifically the Tonneau Cover?
No prices on this card just part #'s.Went to the web site Pontiacaccessories.com to see if they were there,nothing yet.Says effective Aug 31st,proably not till then,hopefully sooner. :cool:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TerpFan said:
The tonneau cover is probably one of the best performance upgrades for the Solstice. Take the trouble to remove the top and all the metal that goes with it and keep the tonneau cover in your now bigger trunk. You shave 60 lbs off the car and increase your full time trunk volume.
Take door window glass off too,won't need them either,smaller gas tank,take the spare repair out,all rugs and don't forget the passenger seat.center console lid....etc..tired of typing. :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes, you can get extreme when cutting weight, but removing the top for a tonneau is very livable. There are a bunch of cobra replica's running around with this setup. Just keep an eye out for thunderstorms.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
:agree:

My buddy has a Cobra replica and is the reason I wanted the Sol. However, you never know when a storm will come in GA and he cannot drive his car often, so I will buy the Tonneau ... but leave the top on.

I think who ever gets the (QUALITY) tonneaus, covers, and wind deflectors out first will be swamped with orders. I want to see the pricing, if anyone has the information on that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I want a tonneau cover too. Hopefully they will be available when I get my car. Makes driving the car solo more enjoyable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've seen all mentioned except the bra (or what ever they call it these days). I've seen them in alot of the photos but nothing about how to get one. The bugs kill a paint job quick down here in the south.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yes, but the bra kills the looks of the car. Which is the lesser of two evils?

I will not put a bra on this thing, if I get bugs I'm just gonna have to wash em off daily. That or just drive slower so they smack and then slide up and over the windshield instead of splattering. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it right away but the 3M bra is top of my list.

·
Registered
137 Posts
SOL id said:
I've seen all mentioned except the bra (or what ever they call it these days). I've seen them in alot of the photos but nothing about how to get one. The bugs kill a paint job quick down here in the south.
We shall call it the "bro". (ahem Seinfeld).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts