Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be a full page advertisement from Pontiac in USA Today on 7-27-2005, I have been told. It will show a stiking, black Solstice with these words at the bottom. The picture is awesome!

"Go to pontiac.com today as concept has become reality with the new Solstice. Orders are being taken even while early demand and a starting price of $19,995 * have created limited availability. Also see how our G6 Sedan’s level of quality helped it the earn Strategic Vision’s 2005 Total Quality Award for Best Medium Car Ownership Experience.** Expect more of the same with the new G6 GTP Coupe – 240 horsepower wrapped in a bold, stylish design. Finally, see how we transformed 80 years of design know-how into an SUV for driving enthusiasts – the first ever Torrent. And to think, this is just the beginning. Pontiac. Designed for action."

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Nice, I'll stop and pick the paper up tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
The Pontiac ad will be in the Sports section, Page 5.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Now there will be more people competing for our car :willy:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Not really Editguy, if you're first allocation, all of those cars are most definitely taken by now so anyone placing an order today won't affect you at all.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Still not sure what this "First ever" tag line is that Pontiac is using. Hopefully it won't show up on the Solstice.

And... just how do you (with a straight face) go about saying that the 80 years of experience made the Torrent? Umm.. Hello, it's an Equinox, it came from Chevy, not from 80 years of Pontiac know how. I don't care what you change on the dang thing, it's still an Equinox.

I thought GM was getting away from badge engineering?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Not really Editguy, if you're first allocation, all of those cars are most definitely taken by now so anyone placing an order today won't affect you at all.
I'm not first allocation :(

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Back to the full page ad, here's a rough partial (top half or so) of how it will look in the paper tomorrow:

USA TODAY 7-27

I tried to get the bottom half with the text, but the system for preview pages presents as low res only. Sorry ... however, I'll get the PDF of the page posted ASAP!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Well, the PDF is over 311 KB, and the limit is 200 KB. Sorry folks! ... and putfile.com does not accept PDFs! :brentil:

So ... try this link: July 27 USA TODAY Sports p. 5

·
5,641 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
Well, the PDF is over 311 KB, and the limit is 200 KB. Sorry folks! ... and putfile.com does not accept PDFs! :brentil:

Now that should be the next poster that Pontiac sends out!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
:agree:

·
Registered
137 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:

Thought I would convert the pdf to a jpeg and upload for everyone :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
NICE job, Mayor! Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is a GREAT advertisement. I like the way they are using the Solstice to promote the whole Pontiac lineup. I really hope this car does what it's supposed to and rejuvenates the Pontiac division!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Defintely looks very nice. :thumbs:

·
5,641 Posts
C5Vette said:
That is a GREAT advertisement. I like the way they are using the Solstice to promote the whole Pontiac lineup. I really hope this car does what it's supposed to and rejuvenates the Pontiac division!

The car will not, it will be you who buy it that rejuvenate Pontiac.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts