Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Are You a Golfer Interested in the Solstice?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As suggested by photog321, a poll and discussion on being a golfer and driving the Solstice.

Rumor has it 1 smaller bag fits when the top is down in the space in rear of trunk (actually under/behind the folded top).

With top up rumor is 2 smaller bags will fit.

Can still drive to the course with a friend and the top up. With top down you might be driving solo.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I voted no, but I don't consider the game horrible. Just never played it. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For me, space for 1 bag is must. The 2nd bag is nice to have but not a deal breaker. I very rarely have a 2nd golfer in my car.

I voted for 2 but would settle out of court for 1 ;)

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Disc golfer

As a disc golfer, I can easily put more golf bags in a Solstice trunk than I can carry passengers! :lol:

--Chemist

·
Registered
251 Posts
My club bag will sit on passenger side floor or seat...I'll just have to put a wig and shades :cool: on it!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This could work

solli4me said:
Maybe something like this would solve the trunk space sandtrap problem:

http://www.birdautomotive.com/Golf Bag Carrier and Luggage Carrier.htm
Thanks for the link, I had posted other suggestions (adjustable club, trailer) on another thread.

I would want to put the raincover on the bag before heading for the highway. Club covers might blow off and who wants dead bugs on their club heads.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This could work for the Hockey Bag guy; as a bonus it would air out his equipment on the way to and from the rink.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The object in golf is to get the lowest score, so since I don't play my score would be perfect at zero, and it's hard to beat a "perfect" score. :lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Since I've learned about the size of the trunk, I'm looking into folding golf clubs. Maybe telescoping shafts. I hope my clubs will fit, even if I have to use a smaller bag when traveling with the Solstice. I think it was Will Rogers who said, "Golf is a good walk spoiled." That's pretty true for me, so I really want the ride to the golf course to be enjoyable.:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Never played golf, other than the minurature variety. I have tons of other ways to punish myself. My Solstice will be golf club free.

·
4,592 Posts
I did it backwards, I played when in my teens, gave it up when I got older :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've played the game twice. Been there done that. After about four holes I keep asking, "Now, what happens?" But the next hole is pretty much like the last. Fly fishing's my thing, and they have 4-piece rods that will easily fit. Not trying to criticize golf, but I don't get the appeal.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Golf bag caddy

My wife's bag will probably fit in the trunk but she will probably have to carry mine in her lap. Oh well! :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
A little tacky?

Would it look really bad if I put the two golf bags in the "trunk" pointing towards the front and just bungee cord the lid down? :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Only after the bungee let go and the trunk lid opened, was flung back by the air pressure and attempted to wrap around the rear end. Not pretty.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
brian...are you the type of guy who buys plywood, puts it on the top of your car and holds on to it with one hand out the window to make sure it doesn't fly off the top of the car? ;) just foolin' with ya!

I think golf is a horrible game and I still play it!

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
And now we know what it'll pull a trailer..

I heard a rumor that the Solstice will have a special "golf club trailer" that you can pull behind it. The trailer will hold exactly two bags (after all you can't take more than two people in the car). which will fit in two hump like appendages to mimic the head rests on the car, but the club heads will be covered with a canvas top. It will also include two cup holders for those people that want to carry some water but can't make use of the one that is in the console. Once your reach the club you flip a lever and the trailer splits in two to become your walking golf carts and the cloth cover retracts into a Mayan temple shaped recepticle.

A hard top to cover the tops of the clubs will be available sometime in 2007.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts