Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosconsumer/0504/20/G01-155733.htm

my fave quotes from the above article:

"With the exception of the Pontiac Solstice's recent appearance on NBC's "The Apprentice," vehicles and Hollywood haven't exactly put their best feet -- and tires -- forward on prime time television. "

"At least I could find some solace in the fact that the Hummer, or Humvee, or whatever it was, ran over a Pontiac Fiero.

It has been awhile since I thought about this ungainly two-seater with plastic body panels that Pontiac introduced in 1984 as a mid-engine commuter car. In fact, I doubt there are many Fieros left out there. "

Pontiac Fiero - The "Rodney Dangerfield" of fun to drive, mid engined, 2 seat sports cars . . . :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
:(

Haven't you gotten in trouble before for making fun of Fieros? There are many fiero owners on this site (myself being one of them) that aren't too excited about hearing bad things about that nice little car. Sure, the 84's were bad, but by the time the 88's came out, it was one of the best values on the road, quick, agile, and very good looking.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
And Saturn built a reputation on plastic body panels, beguiling the people into thinking it was aSaturn invention.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Frosty said:
Pontiac Fiero - The "Rodney Dangerfield" of fun to drive, mid engined, 2 seat sports cars . . . :lol:
Dude- You have no idea how many Fiero fans are on this forum, or how vocal they are. It is a well loved car. Just go to Lutz's blog, and see how many have gone there and pleaded with him to make a new Fiero. Almost as many as the F body fans.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the car . . . I even called it fun to drive . . .

I also like Rodney Dangerfield . . the reference was to his "I get no respect" line . . . he was funny and VERY successful . . . just like the Fiero.

I don't feel the Fiero gets the respect it deserves either.

I'll gladly buy a drink for anyone I have offended by this

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Frosty said:

I also like Rodney Dangerfield . . the reference was to his "I get no respect" line . . . he was funny and VERY successful . . . just like the Fiero.

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry. You're right the Fiero gets no respect. Anyhow, what would I know, I've never even owned a Fiero! :leaving: Again, sorry for the misinterpretation.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Frosty said:

Alright, your butt's out of the fire this time. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts